Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records  (Read 31444 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »
Trayvon Martin's cellphone records are important in establishing the timeline. Because Judge Lester has ruled that Florida law prohibits the release of telecommunications records, the only records we have are those released by Crump. The records are in a rather confusing order, so I reordered them to make them easier to understand. I also tried to determine which calls were from DeeDee. I'm particularly uncertain about the calls marked with question marks, but put them with the DeeDee calls.  Both the beginning and ending times are rounded in some unknown (to me) fashion by T-Mobile. My current best guess is:

The calls and texts are:
2:13 text from Hollywood, FL
2:15 text to North Dade (DeeDee?)
2:18 text from North Dade (DeeDee?)
2:20-2:23 (3 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
2:38-4:21 (103 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
2:45-2:47 (2 min. - to Martin from T-Mobile)
3:02-3:04 (2 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
3:04-3:07 (3 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
4:30 text from Miami, FL
4:28-5:09 (41 min. - from Martin to DeeDee)
5:09-6:30 (81 min. - from Martin to DeeDee)
6:30-6:43 (13 min. - from Martin to DeeDee)
6:41-6:44 (4 min. - to Martin from T-Mobile)
6:45-6:50 (5 min. - from Martin to DeeDee)
6:46-6:48 (2 min - from Martin to North Dade non-T-Mobile)
6:49-6:53 (4 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
6:53-6:54 (1 min. - from Martin to North Dade T-Mobile (DeeDee?))
6:54-6:55 (1 min. - from Martin to North Dade T-Mobile (DeeDee?))
6:54-7:12 (18 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
7:04-7:05 (1 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
7:08 text from North Dade (DeeDee?)
7:12-7:16 (4 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)

------

The possible DeeDee calls and texts are:
2:15 text to DeeDee (?)
2:18 text from DeeDee (?)
2:38-4:21 (103 min. - to Martin)
4:28-5:09 (41 min. - from Martin)
5:09-6:30 (81 min. - from Martin)
6:30-6:43 (13 min. - from Martin)
6:45-6:50 (5 min. - from Martin)
6:49-6:53 (4 min. - to Martin)
6:53-6:54 (1 min. - from Martin to North Dade T-Mobile) (?)
6:54-6:55 (1 min. - from Martin to North Dade T-Mobile) (?)
6:54-7:12 (18 min. - to Martin)
7:08 text from DeeDee (?)
7:12-7:16 (4 min. - to Martin)

The non-DeeDee calls and texts are:
2:13 text from Hollywood, FL
2:20-2:23 (3 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
2:45-2:47 (2 min. - to Martin from T-Mobile)
3:02-3:04 (2 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
3:04-3:07 (3 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)
4:30 text from Miami, FL
6:41-6:44 (4 min. - to Martin from T-Mobile)
6:46-6:48 (2 min. - from Martin to North Dade non-T-Mobile)
7:04-7:05 (1 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mobile)

------

Chad said he called Martin, and Martin told him he was on his way home. This was probably either the 4 minute T-Mobile call at 6:41 or the 1 minute non-T-Mobile call at 7:04.

------

The attribution of the text messages to DeeDee is based on this exchange from the interview by de la Rionda:

BDLR:  Again, Iím sorry to have to ask you this. Um...did...when this was going on...Iím talking about that day, February 26, did Trayvon send you any text messages?
DeeDee:  I...one...like...  [Texts at 2:15 and 2:18?]
BDLR:  You know, like, Iím going to the store, or did he ever text you and say, like, this guyís following me, or did he just tell you that?
DeeDee: He just tell me.
BDLR:  OK, then he never texted you that...this all that youíve told me.
DeeDee: Mmm-mmm [No].
BDLR:  Did you ever text him...during this time?
DeeDee: Like when the phone just hung up?
BDLR:  Yeah.
DeeDee: Yeah. [Text at 7:08.]

DeeDee's answer to the question of whether Martin send her a text message isn't quite clear. She could mean one text was sent in all, not that Martin sent her one.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:45:07 PM by MJW »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »
FWIW I seem to remember some discussion of TM being on a family plan? So maybe not all of the calls were his?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »
FWIW I seem to remember some discussion of TM being on a family plan? So maybe not all of the calls were his?

I read a comment from someone who used to work for T-Mobile saying the billing records are listed separately by phone number. Also, the way the call times fit together suggests to me they are one person's calls.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
Thank you for doing the thread and for all of the work you put into it.  It is much appreciated.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »

In my opening comment, all phone calls not listed as non-T-Mobile are T-Mobile calls. I intended to specify in each call whether they were T-Mobile are not, but left some out.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »
Thank you for doing the thread and for all of the work you put into it.  It is much appreciated.

Thank you. I'm always happy to get the chance to recycle some work I've already done.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »

Thanks to MJW for doing the work, and to DebFrmHell for suggesting the new thread.

I think I've figured out what Dee Dee told de la Rionda about texting. If I'm right, the 7:08 text wasn't from Dee Dee.

When Dee Dee talked about the phone disconnecting, she usually said it 'hung up' (5:49-58, 6:49-57; I wonder if she's ever literally hung up a phone.)

When she talked about the last time the phone disconnected, she said it 'just hung up' or 'just shut off' (11:43-53, 12:59-13:11).

After the phone disconnected for the last time, Dee Dee said she tried to contact Martin by calling and texting.

12:01-10
De la Rionda: OK. When the phone shut off, did you try calling back?

Dee Dee: I call him back like, three or two times.

De la Rionda: OK, did you ever get any response?

Dee Dee: No, and text him [unintelligible].

The one other time that Dee Dee told de la Rionda that she texted Martin, I think she was repeating that she texted Martin when she was trying to contact him after the last disconnect.

18:26-34
De la Rionda: Did you ever text him, during this time?

Dee Dee: Like when the phone just hung up?

De la Rionda: Yeah.

Dee Dee: Yeah.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
I think I've figured out what Dee Dee told de la Rionda about texting. If I'm right, the 7:08 text wasn't from Dee Dee.

I think you might be right. I'm not sure how T-Mobile billing works, but it seems likely that unread text messages wouldn't show up on the billing statement. Of all the undisclosed evidence, Martin's complete cellphone records are at the top of my list of things I'd like to see.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
I think you might be right. I'm not sure how T-Mobile billing works, but it seems likely that unread text messages wouldn't show up on the billing statement. Of all the undisclosed evidence, Martin's complete cellphone records are at the top of my list of things I'd like to see.

I freely admit to being an idiot about these new-fangled cell phones but it would seem to me that once that phone was regarded and turned on the text would then come through.  It would show at a later date?  Maybe?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
I freely admit to being an idiot about these new-fangled cell phones but it would seem to me that once that phone was regarded and turned on the text would then come through.  It would show at a later date?  Maybe?

On my cellphone, and I assume it's true of others, I have to select text messages to read them. I get junk text messages, and I'm not charged for them as long as I don't read them.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »
...Of all the undisclosed evidence, Martin's complete cellphone records are at the top of my list of things I'd like to see.

Me too, especially if Zimmerman's records are printed on the back.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
In Tracy Martin's interview with the SAO, he talks about TM not answering his phone and that all of the calls went to voicemail.  If he left a message, wouldn't that show up on TM's part of the bill.  The 1 minute calls on 3/2/12 show up.  I believe those were made by LE (Singleton?).

Maybe it is me but I don't see how Tracy doesn't leave at least one message asking Trayvon to call him when he is available.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:02:34 AM »
In Tracy Martin's interview with the SAO, he talks about TM not answering his phone and that all of the calls went to voicemail.  If he left a message, wouldn't that show up on TM's part of the bill.  The 1 minute calls on 3/2/12 show up.  I believe those were made by LE (Singleton?).

Maybe it is me but I don't see how Tracy doesn't leave at least one message asking Trayvon to call him when he is available.

Apparently Tracy did not expect Trayvon to get a message and call back. For some unexplained reason, Tracy turned his phone off before going to bed. That is very odd behavior for a parent claiming to be worried about his son.

Tracy Martin had been looking for his son Trayvon since the night before. He went to bed figuring the teen must have gone to the movies and turned off his phone.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403

Why would Tracy assume he went to a movie? Did Trayvon ask permission to go to a movie like when he supposedly had to beg permission to go the store?

He was very responsible. If he said he was going to the movies or to the store, I know he was doing that," Martin said.

http://www.bnd.com/2012/05/24/2187688/tracy-martin-to-tell-youths-stop.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 12:54:53 AM »
In this article, Tracy said "Trayvon had made plans to see a movie with a family member." I wonder why he did not mention this to the police during his missing person call? How was Tracy expecting Trayvon to get into Green's unit without a key? Wouldn't he stay up or at least leave his phone on for that reason alone?

The elder Martin said he called his son's cellphone, but it went to voice mail. He remembered Trayvon had made plans to see a movie with a family member and thought, "Maybe they are in the movie, and they turned their phones off."

He went to sleep that night, he said, trusting his son would return. The next morning, as he grew more worried, Martin called law enforcement and asked to file a missing-persons report.

Still, "I just knew that Trayvon's going to be coming home with an excuse," he said. "It was unusual for my kid not to come home, not to be answering his phone and not to call me."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-trayvon-father-20120505_1_martin-family-shooting-death-miami-gardens
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:00:53 AM by Redbrow »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »
In this article, Tracy said "Trayvon had made plans to see a movie with a family member." I wonder why he did not mention this to the police during his missing person call? How was Tracy expecting Trayvon to get into Green's unit without a key? Wouldn't he stay up or at least leave his phone on for that reason alone?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-trayvon-father-20120505_1_martin-family-shooting-death-miami-gardens

Apparently Tracy did not expect Trayvon to get a message and call back. For some unexplained reason, Tracy turned his phone off before going to bed. That is very odd behavior for a parent claiming to be worried about his son.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403

Why would Tracy assume he went to a movie? Did Trayvon ask permission to go to a movie like when he supposedly had to beg permission to go the store?

http://www.bnd.com/2012/05/24/2187688/tracy-martin-to-tell-youths-stop.html#storylink=cpy

But the phone would show missed calls once it was powered up?  Maybe not though if it was password protected.  I am not sure. 

I am sorry.  I am not a parent.  TO ME, it seems odd that a teen is allowed to have a password protected phone.  There are so many parental safeguards in play for everything from TV's to computers to phones. to insure that kids are not getting in over  their heads in this big, wide digital world.

Site Meter
click
tracking