Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records  (Read 46301 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
I added some extra details to my timeline.

I want to call attention to something I'm too lazy to do the math on right now.

In an earlier post, I assumed the 6:49 call was from someone not Dee Dee. That was because Martin's 6:45 call to North Dade was 5 minutes long. I think MJW is saying that, because of the rounding issue, it is possible Dee Dee was on both calls.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
Here is the (likely false) Singleton version of the timeline. It fits well with DeeDee's account.

7:04   |      nonTMob->TM
7:05   |        :
7:06   |
7:07   |
7:08   |      *Text->TM*
7:09   |
7:10   |
7:11   |
7:12 DD->TM  (Z's NEN Call: 7:11:12)
7:13   |        | (He's running: 7:13:19)       
7:14   |        |
7:15   |        | (End: 7:15:23)
7:16   :     (W11: 7:16:43)
7:17         (Gun shot: 17:17:20)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
I want to call attention to something I'm too lazy to do the math on right now.

In an earlier post, I assumed the 6:49 call was from someone not Dee Dee. That was because Martin's 6:45 call to North Dade was 5 minutes long. I think MJW is saying that, because of the rounding issue, it is possible Dee Dee was on both calls.

I'll have to look more carefully at that call. The timing does allow it to be a call from DeeDee, but I can't recall if I had some other reason for believing it was, or if it just a T Mobile call that fit into a gap in the calls.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
Corrected Singleton version. I mis-edited the first one.

7:04   |      nonTMob->TM
7:05   |        :
7:06   |
7:07   |
7:08   |      *Text->TM*
7:09   |
7:10   |
7:11   |      (Z's NEN Call: 7:11:12)
7:12 DD->TM     |
7:13   |        | (He's running: 7:13:19)       
7:14   |        |
7:15   |        | (End: 7:15:23)
7:16   :     (W11: 7:16:43)
7:17         (Gun shot: 17:17:20)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
To expand on this a bit, this means that if it is confirmed that the connection time on the event report corresponds to the start of the recording, that would cast doubt on Dee Dee's story. It would also suggest that her story might have been fabricated by someone using Singleton's erroneous timeline, which was included in Serino's report (39-40/184). I did the math on that some time ago, and as I recall it checked out.

Please expand even more.  All I get so far in that the known times that things were said on the NEN call and the approximate times that calls ended on DeeDee's calls may be in conflict.  TIA.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2013, 05:28:08 PM »
Please expand even more.  All I get so far in that the known times that things were said on the NEN call and the approximate times that calls ended on DeeDee's calls may be in conflict.  TIA.

DeeDee said the phone hung up when Martin started walking, and when she called him back, he was still walking, with Zimmerman following in his car. However, DeeDee called between 7:12:00 and 7:12:59, and Martin ran at 7:11:41. Zimmerman was already out of his truck by the time DeeDee called.

Using Singleton's time line, Martin approached Zimmerman at 7:12:23. and didn't run until 7:13:19, which fits well with DeeDee's account.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
I'll have to look more carefully at that call. The timing does allow it to be a call from DeeDee, but I can't recall if I had some other reason for believing it was, or if it just a T Mobile call that fit into a gap in the calls.

So far, I've verified (based on DiwataMan's ABC call logs)  that the 6:45 call was probably to DeeDee, but I haven't found anything either way on the incoming 6:49 call.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »
DeeDee said the phone hung up when Martin started walking, and when she called him back, he was still walking, with Zimmerman following in his car. However, DeeDee called between 7:12:00 and 7:12:59, and Martin ran at 7:11:41. Zimmerman was already out of his truck by the time DeeDee called.

Using Singleton's time line, Martin approached Zimmerman at 7:12:23. and didn't run until 7:13:19, which fits well with DeeDee's account.
I think the most likely scenario is that Zimmerman didn't exit his car until he saw Martin turn into the dog path at about 7:11:43.  Martin didn't know that Zimmerman had gotten out of the car until he spotted Zimmerman in the T area which I think was better lit than the dog path.  At that time, Martin might have been close to Brandy's house, even if he slowed down to a walk after turning the corner at the T.  Zimmerman would not have been able to see Martin because of the almost total darkness where Martin was (as Austin explained).  Is DeeDee's narrative more or less consistent with my scenario?

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »
However, DeeDee called between 7:12:00 and 7:12:59, and Martin ran at 7:11:41.

If Susan Simpson at LL2 is correct, the call could have been as early as 7:11:01.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »
If Susan Simpson at LL2 is correct, the call could have been as early as 7:11:01.

It would have been helpful if she'd explained how she determined what she claims. What did the bill show? what were her actual call times? and how did she determine the true time? She's said a number of things I believe were clearly wrong, so in the absence of better evidence, I don't take her too seriously. On the other hand, I have no evidence that my assumptions about the call start times are correct.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »
It would have been helpful if she'd explained how she determined what she claims. What did the bill show? what were her actual call times? and how did she determine the true time? She's said a number of things I believe were clearly wrong, so in the absence of better evidence, I don't take her too seriously. On the other hand, I have no evidence that my assumptions about the call start times are correct.

The document she gives for the call records doesn't show seconds.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »
Is DeeDee's narrative more or less consistent with my scenario?

Not if she called between 7:12:00 and 7:12:59. Her story is that at the time she called, Martin was still walking, and Zimmerman was following in his car.

Dee Dee:  A couple minutes later he come and tell me this man is watchin’ him.
BDLR:  OK…did he describe the man who was watching him?
Dee Dee:  Yeah, he said white.
BDLR:  OK, did he say whether the man was standing, sitting…
Dee Dee:  In a car.
BDLR:  In a car?
Dee Dee:  Yeah.
Dee Dee:  He was on the phone.
BDLR:  He was on the phone?
BDLR:  OK, and what did Trayvon say after that?
Dee Dee:  He was telling me like…like he a man watching him, so he like started walking.
BDLR:  He, Trayvon, started walking?
Dee Dee:  He goin’ start walking.
BDLR:  OK.
Dee Dee:  And then…the phone hung up. And I call him back again.  And then, I say ‘What you doin’?’ and he say he walkin’ and he said this man still following him, behind the car.  And I’m like…or like, he told me…he tell me..he put his hoodie on, so I like…
BDLR:  He, Trayvon, put his hoodie on.
Dee Dee: Yeah.
BDLR:  OK…
Dee Dee:  Cause, he said it was startin’ a little bit dripping water….
BDLR: Uh huh.
Dee Dee: So he put his hoodie on. So I said, ‘What’s going on?’  He said this man is still watching him. Like in a car…so he about to run from the back. So then I told him, go to his dad house. Run to his Dad house.
BDLR: Go to what?
Dee Dee: Run to his dad house.
BDLR:  To his dad’s house?
Dee Dee: Yeah.
BDLR:  OK.
Dee Dee: So he say he about to run for the back cause its mo’ easier, he said.  So, next thing I hear, he gettin’ run. And I can hear that the wind blowin’…
BDLR:  So you could tell he was running at that time…

DeeDee's account of what Martin did matches Zimmerman's NEN call, except her call to Martin occurs too early.

(I know nomatter_nevermind dislikes the Stately McDaniel Manor transcript, but it's the one I had handy)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »
The document she gives for the call records doesn't show seconds.

I was referring to her own experiments which she claims show the T-Mobile times can be off by +/- 59 seconds.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »
For some T-Mobile users, the cost of a call depends on the start time. Therefore, the only sensible way to assign start times is to round down, so a call that begins before the critical time is given a start time before that time, and a call after the critical time is given a start time at or after that time.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »
I have confirmed from T-Mobile's support website that the call length is rounded up to the nearest minute: "T-Mobile charges for connected calls and rounds up to the nearest minute."

Site Meter
click
tracking