Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records  (Read 33907 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 01:20:37 AM »
In Tracy Martin's interview with the SAO, he talks about TM not answering his phone and that all of the calls went to voicemail.  If he left a message, wouldn't that show up on TM's part of the bill.  The 1 minute calls on 3/2/12 show up.  I believe those were made by LE (Singleton?).

I'm not sure voice messages will show up on the bill until they're listened to. Redbrow makes a very good point that if Tracy thought Trayvon had turned off his phone while in the theater, it's odd that Tracy would turn off his phone. The whole story doesn't seem to make much sense, but any misrepresentations could, I suppose, be due to Tracy trying to cover up his bad parenting rather than something more nefarious.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:22:30 AM by MJW »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 05:38:14 AM »
I'm not sure voice messages will show up on the bill until they're listened to. Redbrow makes a very good point that if Tracy thought Trayvon had turned off his phone while in the theater, it's odd that Tracy would turn off his phone. The whole story doesn't seem to make much sense, but any misrepresentations could, I suppose, be due to Tracy trying to cover up his bad parenting rather than something more nefarious.

Would anyone consider calling their own cell phone from a land line and leaving a message?  Then check your bill to see if it shows up before listening to the message?  It might take a day or two ten to show up on the bill.  And listen to the message and recheck the bill online?

LOL!  I don't have any kind of a fancy phone.  It is a burner so there are no records or I would check this myself....

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »
"Tracy Martin had been looking for his son Trayvon since the night before. He went to bed figuring the teen must have gone to the movies and turned off his phone."

I think this means Tracy assumed that Trayvon turned off Trayvon's phone while Trayvon was in the movie theater, out of consideration to the other moviegoers, not that Tracy turned off Tracy's phone.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 08:18:00 PM »
I think this means Tracy assumed that Trayvon turned off Trayvon's phone while Trayvon was in the movie theater

Of course that's what it means. The other interpretation is ridiculous.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
Did Trayvon ask permission to go to a movie like when he supposedly had to beg permission to go the store?

The 'beg permission' story is a stray bit of gossip. It has no credible source.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
The 1 minute calls on 3/2/12 show up.  I believe those were made by LE (Singleton?).

Why do you think so?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »
TO ME, it seems odd that a teen is allowed to have a password protected phone. 

The account holder can override the password.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »
The account holder can override the password.

I'm hardly an expert on cell phones, but doesn't the phone itself have a password independent of the account?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 08:52:04 PM »
In this article, Tracy said "Trayvon had made plans to see a movie with a family member." I wonder why he did not mention this to the police during his missing person call?

Probably because he had called the cousin (p. 40 of the July 12 release). The interview summary says the cousin said Trayvon wasn't with him. He probably also mentioned that he and Trayvon didn't see a movie together the night before.

The movie plan story does seem inconsistent with the regular story, that Trayvon planned to watch the NBA All Star Game with his not-brother.

The cited article clears up whose cell phone(s) Tracy thought were off.

He remembered Trayvon had made plans to see a movie with a family member and thought, "Maybe they are in the movie, and they turned their phones off."

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »
I'm hardly an expert on cell phones, but doesn't the phone itself have a password independent of the account?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what this means.

I'm going by the SPD reports.

On March 2, 2012 Inv. Singleton contacted a representative from T-Mobile who told her if the Sanford Police Department obtained the cell phone number and the pin number to the account they would be able to bypass the swipe code on the cell phone.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »

In the evidence log, there is a lot of activity on DMS-7.  I thought Singleton was one of the people who might have dialed 911 to establish the phone number.  That is one of the 1 minute calls.  The second one, I was thinking Singleton calling the phone back.

I have been breezing thru the doc-dumps and I know it is in there.  Someone from FDLE ha possession of it too.

If I can find it I will link it later.  It is out there.  I just can't find it.  LOL!

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
In this article, Tracy said "Trayvon had made plans to see a movie with a family member."

Maybe Tracy meant that he remembered that Trayvon and his cousin went to see a movie on Saturday night and it didn't work out, and that's why he thought Trayvon might have blown off the NBA game to see a movie with his cousin on Sunday.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »
Why do you think so?

Why does DebFrmHell think the calls on 3/2/12 were made by law enforcement? Well, they had the phone and the calls were made just after a 911 call from Martin's phone. Singleton's certainly a possibility for the 911 caller given the statement you just quoted:

On March 2, 2012 Inv. Singleton contacted It representative from T -Mobile who told her if the Sanford Police Deportment obtained the cell phone number and the pin number to the account they would be able to bybass the swipe code on the cell phone.

On the very day Singleton called T-Mobile, someone called 911 from the phone, which is clearly an attempt to obtain the phone's number. Then a few moments later, someone calls the phone, which is clearly an attempt to confirm the just-obtained number.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »

I was thinking there was a code to access the information in the phone's memory and another for accessing the information the carrier keeps that's not stored on the phone and/or carrier specific information in memory. I wouldn't have thought the carrier would be able to access all information (override phone's code) on the phone just by having the account's pin number. I assumed that the phone would have a separate area in memory for other data that's independent of the carrier. I really have no idea how it works.

Anyway, was LE eventually able to access what information was in the phone's memory and what information would that be? I suppose I should read the entire thread and do a bit of searching.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 10:22:56 PM »
Of course that's what it means. The other interpretation is ridiculous.

Yet at least one person here seems to have come up with an alternative interpretation.

"For some unexplained reason, Tracy turned his phone off before going to bed."

Site Meter
click
tracking