Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records  (Read 35215 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »
I'm sorry, I don't follow the logic of that.

They were in Miami around 1-1:30pm.  They didn't start interviewing until around 3:30 when they questioned Sybrina Fulton.  4:30 for Tracy Martin.  It took until 6:30 to get W8 to where she was supposed to be.

Unless they got the records emailed/faxed to them while they were already in Miami and at the last second there should have been some kind of prep time.  Who can tell?  Maybe BDLR had a "Oh, horsepoopies!" moment when he realized that he may actually need them just before he boarded the plane.

To think otherwise would indicate TO ME that he really was lackadaisical about what he needed to ask her or that he didn't feel he needed to have that information prior.  ((shrugs))

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2013, 02:06:52 PM »
If the subpoena for the records extents through 4/2/12, that would suggest that he requested them before leaving for Miami on his noon flight.  Just IMO.

According to page 83 of the 284 page PDF, the subpoena was issued on Apr. 2, and the result obtained at around 12:10 p.m. on the same day. BDLR would have had plenty of time to review the information before interviewing W8. The timing of the subpoena, along with the fact that the information was requested in an expedited manner,  suggests the subpoena was issued in preparation for the interview. Also, in the morning of  Apr. 2, the investigator contacted the Simple Mobile subpoena compliance officer. Obviously they had to know beforehand that the phone was associated with Simple Mobile.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2013, 02:54:54 AM »
Also, in the morning of  Apr. 2, the investigator contacted the Simple Mobile subpoena compliance officer. Obviously they had to know beforehand that the phone was associated with Simple Mobile.

Which means de la Rionda could have been informed earlier as well.

I don't want to beat up on you. I'm just trying to get the facts straight in my own head.

This is what you said up-thread.

What do we make of BDLR's questioning of DeeDee, asking if T-Mobile was her carrier, when earlier that day he'd been told the phone was registered to Simple Mobile?

Just so I'm clear, this was a conjecture? You don't know of a record to that effect?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »
ust so I'm clear, this was a conjecture? You don't know of a record to that effect?

I assumed that if the SAO received the results of a subpoena to Simple Mobile prior to BDLR interviewing W8, BDLR would be made aware of it. That seems to me to be a completely reasonable assumption. You could respond that, as I observed previously, the fact they knew to contact Simple Mobile may indicate BDLR knew earlier. I hadn't considered that when I made my original comment, but it doesn't affect the point that BDLR would seem to have known W8's provider wasn't T-Mobile.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:34:05 PM by MJW »

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Here is the report on the phone records which were requested and received on April 2.  They came in at 12:10 p.m. These were the only records of W-8 obtained by that time. (The juvenile reference pertains to Trayvon as the subject of the investigation, not Witness 8. That disclosure seems to be on most of the reports.)

Bernie arrived in Miami at 12:30 pm so he hadn't seen the records. (His arrival time had been estimated at 10:40 a.m.) The records  were on an exel spreadsheet and there's no mention of him going anyplace other than Sybrina's where he could receive a multi-page fax. He probably obtained a description over the phone. He may not have known the difference between Simple Mobile and T-Mobile.

Simple Mobile uses the T-Mobile network.

SIMPLE Mobile runs on T-Mobile's nationwide network. Yeah, we said it. We combine this world-class network with our low overhead to offer cutting-edge service at a great price

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:54 PM »
Simple Mobile uses the T-Mobile network.

It doesn't necessarily (or even likely) follow that Simple Mobile calls would count as T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile calls. The T-Mobile terms of service say: "T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile calls are those made between T-Mobile customers using their Devices while on the T-Mobile network." The section saying T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile calls are "those made between T-Mobile customers" would be unnecessary if being on the T-Mobile network were enough. I tried to find some evidence T-Mobile to Simple Mobile calls were billed as T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile, and didn't find any.

He may not have known the difference between Simple Mobile and T-Mobile.

I think BDLR probably can tell "Simple" from "T." I think someone who's not tech savvy would be less likely to confuse the two, because they wouldn't know that Simple Mobile is a T-Mobile reseller.

All and all, I think T-Mobile to Simple Mobile calls did get billed as T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile, only because that seems the least unlikely of unlikely alternatives.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2013, 01:02:16 AM »
A Mar. 15, 2013 comment from ftsk420 on Rumpole's RandomTopics blog:

Ok just got off the phone with T Mobile and calls from Simple Mobile do show up as T Mobile to T Mobile.

Site Meter
click
tracking