Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records  (Read 33977 times)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
Yet at least one person here seems to have come up with an alternative interpretation.

"For some unexplained reason, Tracy turned his phone off before going to bed."

If you frequent pro-Trayvon sites you should be familiar with alternative interpretations. Very creative alternative interpretations. I think, relatively speaking, we do pretty well.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »
The 'beg permission' story is a stray bit of gossip. It has no credible source.

The story that Martin begged to go to the store is not just a "stray bit of gossip." It has a named source: family friend and former football coach Jerome Horton, who, according to CNN, "has been in close contact with Martin's father." You may not believe what he says is true, but it's more than mere gossip.

His fateful walk to the convenience store for a bag of Skittles and an iced tea on the evening of February 26 happened only because the teenager pleaded to leave the apartment, said Horton.

"The only reason he got a chance to go to the store is because he begged his dad to go," he said.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 10:39:36 PM »
Yet at least one person here seems to have come up with an alternative interpretation.

"For some unexplained reason, Tracy turned his phone off before going to bed."

How is that an alternative interpretation? Who would think "his" refers to anyone other than Tracy?

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »
Why does DebFrmHell think the calls on 3/2/12 were made by law enforcement? Well, they had the phone and the calls were made just after a 911 call from Martin's phone. Singleton's certainly a possibility for the 911 caller given the statement you just quoted:

On the very day Singleton called T-Mobile, someone called 911 from the phone, which is clearly an attempt to obtain the phone's number. Then a few moments later, someone calls the phone, which is clearly an attempt to confirm the just-obtained number.

I agree with this and it's the strongest evidence we have that says that the phone found at the scene was Trayvons.

What's odd about the phone records though is that the 911 call shows up as a T-Mobile to T-Mobile. Also there are two call backs from the Sanford PD that follow it; one within the same minute and another two minutes later. Why would they call back twice like that? Regardless, I still would like to see some actual evidence that the phone found at the scene was Trayvons. They were kind enough to provide us with the serial number. Can a phone dealer run that serial number for us and see if it comes back as belonging to Tracy Martin? Anyone here know a phone dealer?

Here you can see the number on the phone records of the two incoming calls that were made after the 911 call;

http://diwataman.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/trayvons-phone-records/

(407) 688-5070
http://www.whitepages.com/business/sanford-police-dept-sanford-fl

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
The 'beg permission' story is a stray bit of gossip. It has no credible source.

How were you able to evaluate the credibility of this statement with such authority?

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
The story that Martin begged to go to the store is not just a "stray bit of gossip." It has a named source: family friend and former football coach Jerome Horton

It's gossip because because Horton doesn't say if he witnessed the begging, or if not who he heard it from.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 11:09:57 PM »
Of course that's what it means. The other interpretation is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? It is not clear.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »
It's gossip because because Horton doesn't say if he witnessed the begging, or if not who he heard it from.

Your interpretation of gossip is ridiculous.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 11:18:39 PM »

Yes, a person came up with a ridiculous interpretation. People do that from time to time.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »
Why is it ridiculous?

There is an obvious reason why Trayvon and his cousin would turn off their phones at the theater. There is no such reason, and no reason given, for Tracy to turn off his phone.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
The obvious reason is right there in context. He went to bed. I frequently turn off my cell phone before going to bed so I won't be disturbed.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35:31 PM »
Why would Tracy assume he went to a movie?

Because Trayvon wasn't answering his phone, and a movie theater is a place where he would be likely to turn the phone off.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
The obvious reason is right there in context. He went to bed. I frequently turn off my cell phone before going to bed so I won't be disturbed.

That's one of the first things that occurred to me. I don't want anyone calling a wrong number (or even the right one) and waking me up when I'm sleeping. I wonder what percentage of people actually do turn off their phones when they go to sleep. I imagine quite a few. To me it sounded like Tracy just did his normal going to sleep routine by turning off the phone.

Anyways, wouldn't such a responsible child call his father or send him a message to let him know he went to the movies? If I had a child that small I don't think I'd be able to sleep without knowing where they were.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 11:42:15 PM »

Apparently Tracy did not expect Trayvon to get a message and call back. For some unexplained reason, Tracy turned his phone off before going to bed. That is very odd behavior for a parent claiming to be worried about his son.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 11:48:54 PM »
Because Trayvon wasn't answering his phone, and a movie theater is a place where he would be likely to turn the phone off.

We know why Trayvon did not answer but why do think the "responsible nephew" failed to answer right away and/or failed to call back Tracy later that night, since you believe Tracy left his phone on?

Maybe the cousin did call Tracy back at around 2:30 a.m. and told him Trayvon was shot. That might explain this statement by Tracy. The memory was so firmly etched in his mind, he'll never get over it.

"It's something I will never get over. I had talked to my son between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., then 12-13 hours later I found out that he was dead. He was three weeks from turning 17. I know my son was a good kid who had a future. He was very responsible. If he said he was going to the movies or to the store, I know he was doing that," Martin said.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/05/24/2187688/tracy-martin-to-tell-youths-stop.html#storylink=cpy

Site Meter
click
tracking