Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records  (Read 31965 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Re: Trayvon Martin's Cellphone Records
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
There is an obvious reason why Trayvon and his cousin would turn off their phones at the theater. There is no such reason, and no reason given, for Tracy to turn off his phone.

They never went to the movies according to Brandy's report. See p 32 of the 284 page discovery. She said X told her they never went (I think the X is Chad.)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »
There is an obvious reason why Trayvon and his cousin would turn off their phones at the theater. There is no such reason, and no reason given, for Tracy to turn off his phone.
They never went to the movies according to Brandy's report.

That has no relevance to the point under discussion.

We know Trayvon wasn't at the movies when his father got home. He was dead.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »
We know why Trayvon did not answer but why do think the "responsible nephew" failed to answer right away and/or failed to call back Tracy later that night, since you believe Tracy left his phone on?

Maybe the cousin did call Tracy back at around 2:30 a.m. and told him Trayvon was shot. That might explain this statement by Tracy. The memory was so firmly etched in his mind, he'll never get over it.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/05/24/2187688/tracy-martin-to-tell-youths-stop.html#storylink=cpy

Didn't the cousin state he spoke with Dee Dee the night before? Isn't it possible DeeDee had the cousin's number and called him saying she is worried about Trayvon because she just heard him get into a fight near his home and no longer answered the phone? Isn't it possible that the cousin saw the news report about the shooting at Twin Lakes or heard it through the grapevine, if he was out and about or even through social networks? I'm sure it was big local news that night. "did you hear some dude got shot over at TL?" He could have put two and two together and figured out it was Trayvon and called Tracy.

I think Tracy's phone record will shed a lot of light on what really happened.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:07:44 AM by Redbrow »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 12:23:56 AM »
Who would think "his" refers to anyone other than Tracy?

That's an odd question.

He went to bed figuring the teen must have gone to the movies and turned off his phone.

On punctuation alone, 'turned off his phone' is more likely predicated of 'the teen' than of 'He'. In the latter case we would expect a comma after 'movies'.

Now observe that 'and turned off his phone' provides an explanation for why Tracy was 'figuring the teen must have gone to the movies'.

Then there's the other article Redbrow quoted, stating clearly that Tracy thought that both Trayvon and his cousin had turned off their phones because they were in a theater.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
That's an odd question.

On punctuation alone, 'turned off his phone' is more likely predicated of 'the teen' than of 'He'. In the latter case we would expect a comma after 'movies'.

Now observe that 'and turned off his phone' provides an explanation for why Tracy was 'figuring the teen must have gone to the movies'.

Then there's the other article Redbrow quoted, stating clearly that Tracy thought that both Trayvon and his cousin had turned off their phones because they were in a theater.

You mean this sentence that includes the comma after 'movies' to clarify the action was performed by the movie goers?

"Maybe they are in the movie, and they turned their phones off."

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 12:40:44 AM »
Didn't the cousin state he spoke with Dee Dee the night before?

The SAO summary says he spoke to an 'unknown girl'. If he figured out who she was, the summary doesn't say. (p. 9 of the July 12 release)

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »
They never went to the movies according to Brandy's report. See p 32 of the 284 page discovery. She said X told her they never went (I think the X is Chad.)

It seems that Brandy thought all three of the boys were planning to go to the movies.

The cousin's SAO summary (p. 9) implies that he and Trayvon went to a theater without Chad, but then decided not to watch a movie.

Maybe Chad was vague about it with his mother, because he didn't want to sound like he was complaining about being ditched.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »
I was thinking there was a code to access the information in the phone's memory and another for accessing the information the carrier keeps that's not stored on the phone and/or carrier specific information in memory.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that there were two codes.

Offline jupchurch

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 07:14:11 AM »
Article for today's Orlando Sentinel

Authorities still don't know what's on Trayvon Martin's cellphone

Defense attorneys say they need to know more.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-trayvon-cell-phone-20121125,0,542835.story

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 08:10:52 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-trayvon-cell-phone-20121125,0,542835.story

I thought there was a search warrant issued for that phone information.  o_O  Perhaps they could issue a warrant for Tracy Martin's computer for only TMoble related items.

For someone screaming to the heavens about the killing of his son, it seems odd that he refused to help the authorities...Goes against the purpose, IMO.  Crump said they would give the Prosecution whatever they needed (paraphrased) so why didn't they deem this as important considering it has all that information on call logs/text for Dee Dee?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »

At a March 8 news conference in Orlando, Tracy Martin told reporters he would not help police download information from the phone.

First I've heard of this.

For something announced at a news conference it's been kept awfully quiet.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
I thought there was a search warrant issued for that phone information.

Maybe issued but never served?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »

Here's a theory:

Neither the prosecution nor the defense want this material retrieved because they have no way of knowing in advance if it might hurt their case, and prefer not to take the risk.  They do say lawyers shouldn't ask questions to which they don't already know the answer.

So nobody wants it out except those of us who want to know what actually happened that night, but have little or nothing to lose regardless of the outcome of the trial.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
Here's a theory:

Neither the prosecution nor the defense want this material retrieved because they have no way of knowing in advance if it might hurt their case, and prefer not to take the risk.  They do say lawyers shouldn't ask questions to which they don't already know the answer.

So nobody wants it out except those of us who want to know what actually happened that night, but have little or nothing to lose regardless of the outcome of the trial.

IDK.  I do like that theory.

I think it is beneficial to the Defense and that is why it is not being assisted for release.  IDK, can Tracy Martin access texts from his home computer?  Does he have the ability to erase them as read if he does?  Anyone with TMobile that can answer these questions?  He is the one who would have a good idea of what is what with his son as far as who he was calling, texting and emailing through that phone.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
IDK.  I do like that theory.

I think it is beneficial to the Defense and that is why it is not being assisted for release.  IDK, can Tracy Martin access texts from his home computer?  Does he have the ability to erase them as read if he does?  Anyone with TMobile that can answer these questions?  He is the one who would have a good idea of what is what with his son as far as who he was calling, texting and emailing through that phone.

He may ( I really don't know one way or the other) be able to delete something from the cell phone provider's servers, but if the phone is sitting in evidence unpowered (I hope they thought to remove the battery in case it leaks), then he can't do jack to anything actually on the phone.

Site Meter
click
tracking