Author Topic: George Zimmerman defense to shut down Facebook page  (Read 2109 times)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
George Zimmerman defense to shut down Facebook page
« on: August 22, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
George Zimmerman's defense team on Wednesday announced it would de-activate its official Facebook page, citing concerns about moderating the comments left there by visitors.

I'm sure TM supporters will claim it as a victory. I think it just did what it was supposed to do and is now more trouble than it's worth..

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-22/news/os-george-zimmerman-facebook-20120822_1_facebook-page-george-zimmerman-defense-team

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: George Zimmerman defense to shut down Facebook page
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
Direct link to press release on GZlegalCase site:

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/45-zimmerman-defense-closes-the-george-zimmerman-legal-case-page-on-facebook

I gotta say, MOM has class and seems to be the only one acting responsibly and openly about his intentions/motivations in this case. I like and respect this guy.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:41:52 PM »
I gotta say, MOM has class and seems to be the only one acting responsibly and openly about his intentions/motivations in this case. I like and respect this guy.

After a few bumps and glitches, he seems to have it all under control.  I think everything he does now is after consultation with his "team", including Don West and whoever else is on it.  We don't know his overall strategy, but I sense there is one -- both as to the nature of the defense and the timing of every action. Nothing is being done "on the fly" as Judge Lester would say. (That was the judge's comment to O'Mara when he objected to the lack of sufficient notice for the hearing on the state's bond revocation motion and asked for a continuance -- Lester denied the request and told him he could do the hearing "on the fly."

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »
Based on my last conversation with the moderator (or miderat0r as I called him), this is the reason right here: "We will not let the George Zimmerman Legal Case page on Facebook be a part of any such agenda, and we do not want the handful of those so inclined to reflect negatively on the overwhelming majority of individuals who support Mr. Zimmerman for legitimate reasons."

Site Meter
click
tracking