Author Topic: EUREKA!  (Read 11675 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: EUREKA!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »
I also fail to see any significance regarding the distant sign.

The sign is 'distant' because Zimmerman chose to get out of, and remain out of, his vehicle. In the truck it would take him seconds to drive within viewing distance of the sign.

Zimmerman is pretty clear that he is looking for a valid address (street and house number) .

Response on George as a Witness thread.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »

Looking north, the stop sign is edge on. I don't know if that makes the street sign on top of it literally invisible, but it makes it harder to find.
Of course this is exactly why it could not be read from GZ's position, if he could read the sign at all inside or outside of his vehicle, he would have read Long Oak Way which would have offered no help for identifying his location.

Why do so many anti-GZ have such trouble accepting the obvious? George got out of the vehicle to determine which direction TM ran, as he stated numerous times he continued along the path to obtain an address from the RVC building closest to the entry of the crosswalk... why? again simple; the police were instructed to call upon their arrival, George had a HABIT of telling arriving police which of the two gates to use for entry... (check his old calls) armed with his physical location and the address from the RVC side of the crosswalk arriving police would come to him.
I believe GZ also walked through admittedly or not with the express purpose to look and see if TM ran out of the complex through the south gate.
None of the above is illegal, wrong, dangerous nor places either individual in danger.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:58 AM »
The sign is 'distant' because Zimmerman chose to get out of, and remain out of, his vehicle. In the truck it would take him seconds to drive within viewing distance of the sign.

Are people still stuck on the red herring that GZ getting out of his truck makes him the aggressor? Cite the Florida law that says getting out of your truck when a young man wearing a hoodie and having skittles and tea is around is illegal.

Offline Jack203

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »

Why do so many anti-GZ have such trouble accepting the obvious? George got out of the vehicle to determine which direction TM ran, as he stated numerous times he continued along the path to obtain an address from the RVC building closest to the entry of the crosswalk... why? again simple; the police were instructed to call upon their arrival, George had a HABIT of telling arriving police which of the two gates to use for entry... (check his old calls) armed with his physical location and the address from the RVC side of the crosswalk arriving police would come to him.
I believe GZ also walked through admittedly or not with the express purpose to look and see if TM ran out of the complex through the south gate.
None of the above is illegal, wrong, dangerous nor places either individual in danger.

Exactly.  And why are they hung up on this?  Because they have little to nothing else.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:43 AM »
I apologize for the redundant statement in my final sentence.
 :-[*proofread* one day I will learn... :-[

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »

Response on George as a Witness thread.

That's not a logical course of action anymore than going home to await the police or having the police meet him at the elsewhere than the T. Zimmerman is in a position to physically point out the last known position and direction of the suspect. Under ideal conditions, he is also able to report that the suspect did not return.

Even if GZ was aware of the sign (which is not established) why would he walk all the way back to his truck; turn it around;  drive to a sign ; drive back; get out to see a house number and then wait for police. Much easier to walk the few extra feet to Retreat View Circle and note a house address.

Do you think he should have driven to the 7-11 and bought a map? Wouldn't he be taking a risk based on the evidence of the seedy characters who hang there?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:25:46 AM by Lousy1 »

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
2/26-1, 12:32-40
2-26W (p. 16)
2/26-2, 4:16-36
2/27R, 4:31-41
2-27/R, 5:00-23
2/27V, 28:40-29:16, 6:47:17-53

And once again Zimmerman's "after-action reports" seem to come from a different person from the one on the phone with the police that night.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »

So if Zimmerman did something else and went somewhere else, he'd have been right next to the sign.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »
So if Zimmerman did something else and went somewhere else, he'd have been right next to the sign.

Only if he went to a particular somewhere else.

Otherwise he might have wound up right next to one of the other signs.

;)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »
Much easier to walk the few extra feet to Retreat View Circle and note a house address.

He never got that house number, right?  He never called back to give it to the dispatcher.  With his terrible short term memory, he would have had to write it down on a piece of paper or enter it as a note to himself on his cellphone, if he intended to give it when the cops called him back.  He never mentioned doing that.  He apparently decided not to get the number and headed back to his car.  Why?  Or did he make up the looking for a number story to justify not heading back to the car right away?  Apparently Serino and Singleton weren't quick thinking enough to ask him what number he got and what did he do with it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:29:57 PM by RickyJim »

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 05:50:28 PM »
He never got that house number, right?  He never called back to give it to the dispatcher.  With his terrible short term memory, he would have had to write it down on a piece of paper or enter it as a note to himself on his cellphone, if he intended to give it when the cops called him back.  He never mentioned doing that.  He apparently decided not to get the number and headed back to his car.  Why?  Or did he make up the looking for a number story to justify not heading back to the car right away?  Apparently Serino and Singleton weren't quick thinking enough to ask him what number he got and what did he do with it.

Your making this up. You don't know if he got the house number and its your 'strained,"opinion about the memory requiring a note.
You can't assume because something wasn't mentioned it didn't happen

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »

Your making this up. You don't know if he got the house number and its your 'strained,"opinion about the memory requiring a note.
You can't assume because something wasn't mentioned it didn't happen

He would remember 2861 RVC?  Did any police report mention he had pen and paper on him?  Right after I wrote my post I wrote down what I thought your reply would be and almost got it word for word.  I wish I could prove that.   ;D

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
He would remember 2861 RVC?  Did any police report mention he had pen and paper on him?  Right after I wrote my post I wrote down what I thought your reply would be and almost got it word for word.  I wish I could prove that.   ;D

you're a wonderfully inventive critter.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »

I think he would remember that address. It was suddenly important and had his attention. He had ADHD  - it is not retardation but an tendency to lose focus.
Let's ask Deb who seems to have at least a partially  kindred spirit.

I knew when I replied to your rather foolish post that your response would be ad hominem rather than factual - if only because you cannot defend portraying an unsupported opinion as a fact. I didn't need to write it down  and put it under a double secret lock.

You still haven't explained your post and what evidence ( if any) you used to invent your conjectures.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »
You still haven't explained your post and what evidence ( if any) you used to invent your conjectures.

My last two posts gave several reasons why I seriously doubt Zimmerman ever got an address and think he manufactured that reason later.  Another one is that he says he was at RVC while on the phone with Sean the dispatcher.  If he went there to get an address, why didn't he give it to Sean before hanging up?  Is there anything at all you think Zimmerman might have fibbed about that evening?  ???

Site Meter
click
tracking