Author Topic: EUREKA!  (Read 10994 times)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: EUREKA!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
My last two posts gave several reasons why I seriously doubt Zimmerman ever got an address and think he manufactured that reason later.  Another one is that he says he was at RVC while on the phone with Sean the dispatcher.  If he went there to get an address, why didn't he give it to Sean before hanging up?  Is there anything at all you think Zimmerman might have fibbed about that evening?  ???

There are several things I think you fibbed about. Particularly GZ's ability to memorize you just made that up.
 GZ is an  eyewitness. Unless you have something more than your speculation. I have to go with him.

How do you know that GZ didn't get the number after agreeing to have the police call him when they arrived. He may have subsequently decided that it would be easier to vector them in via the club house since a reasonable time for active pursuit of a fleeing suspect ( by the police ) was already elapsed.

He wasn't asked and he didn't volunteer the details. Perhaps George and the police both realized that it's not particularly relevant to the events of that evening.

I there any opportunity to slander GZ that you have missed?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »
I don't know whether GZ ever got an address.  The police in interviews never asked him what address he got, so I wouldn't make an assumption because he never mentioned one in an interview that he didn't get one.  Could be he got one and forgot, could be he remembered but never mentioned the exact address since he wasn't asked, or could be he never got one.

I do agree with the point that since he didn't give an address to the dispatcher that he never got an address while he was on the phone.  I think its more likely GZ was standing at the 'T" ad not at RVC as he finished his conversation with the dispatcher.  It seems to me you can hear him trying to get his flashlight to work and tapping it on something meta (doggie station?)l and if he was going to stop somewhere to try and regain a visual of TM while talking with the dispatcher, it most likely would be where he last saw him leave from.  I personally don't think his main reason for exiting his truck was to get an address.  I think it was initially to see where TM went in response to "let us know if he does anything" and "which way did he run".  I think he thought of going to RVC to get an address after the dispatcher mentioned meeting by the mailbox area and about that point GZ saw RVC and thought he could get an address and then asked the dispatcher to have police call him. 

While its not completely clear exactly where GZ was and at what time, I think its abundantly clear he wasn't chasing after or even following someone during the last half of the NEN call.  What he did between the end of the NEN and coming face to face with TM is anyone's guess, but the evidence does seem to back that he was at the top of the 'T' when the confrontation occurred.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:51 AM »
GZ's ability to memorize you just made that up.

2/29-1, 24:44-48
Zimmerman: To be honest with you, I have a bad memory anyway.

2/29-1, 25:34-38
Zimmerman: I just have a terrible memory.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »
Are people still stuck on the red herring that GZ getting out of his truck makes him the aggressor?

Some are, but I'm not. It's you who are bringing in a red herring fallacy.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 06:27:15 AM »
So if Zimmerman did something else and went somewhere else, he'd have been right next to the sign.

Exactly. Zimmerman would have found a street sign if he had been looking for one, as he falsely claimed.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »
Exactly. Zimmerman would have found a street sign if he had been looking for one, as he falsely claimed.

Statement of opinion obviously.  The sign you are referencing is several hundred yards from where he was located and it seems he never made it near that location. 

Its clear that GZ's main focus once calling NEN was to keep his eye on TM until police arrived.  Getting an address could help police find him when they got there, so I tend to believe his focus on the address during the NEN and in interviews afterwards was that it was an important detail in helping police find TM.  I tend to doubt getting an address/street sign was the catalyst for him exiting his vehicle when he did, but I don't discount how important he may have felt getting an address was and that RVC was closer to his vehicle than the sign at the end of TTL.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 07:11:58 AM »
Exactly. Zimmerman would have found a street sign if he had been looking for one, as in my opinion he falsely claimed.

Fixed it for you.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »
Statement of opinion obviously.  The sign you are referencing is several hundred yards from where he was located and it seems he never made it near that location. 

Its clear that GZ's main focus once calling NEN was to keep his eye on TM until police arrived.  Getting an address could help police find him when they got there, so I tend to believe his focus on the address during the NEN and in interviews afterwards was that it was an important detail in helping police find TM.  I tend to doubt getting an address/street sign was the catalyst for him exiting his vehicle when he did, but I don't discount how important he may have felt getting an address was and that RVC was closer to his vehicle than the sign at the end of TTL.

That's a good point.

Why don't we ask NMNM, since he's the resident expert (well, one of them) on what GZ was thinking at each milimoment of the whole evening, why GZ would bother to not look for a street sign when he said he was trying to look for a street sign, and when he clearly wanted the cops to arrive because he clearly asked about the cops arrival more than once.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 07:15:41 AM »
2/29-1, 24:44-48
2/29-1, 25:34-38

World of difference, skippy, between needing a pen and paper to remember something for a minute or two and recalling exact details of something later on.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »
Even if GZ was aware of the sign

That the sign is actually there is just a vivid illustration of a point that I have made before.

Zimmerman's claim to have gotten out of his truck to 'look for a street sign' is absurd on its face. A person looking for a street sign doesn't get out of his vehicle at a bend in the street. He drives to the next intersection.

why would he walk all the way back to his truck

Because he wanted to meet the police at his truck. That's one point Zimmerman was quite consistent about.

Why would Zimmerman want to stand in the rain while waiting for the police?

turn it around

Zimmerman's truck was already pointed in the right direction. He would just have to drive around the bend. After reading the sign he would have had an intersection to turn around in.

drive to a sign

That sign would have given him the name of Twin Trees Lane, the street whose name he said he wanted and on which his truck was located.

get out to see a house number

I don't see why he couldn't read a house number from inside his truck.

Much easier to walk the few extra feet to Retreat View Circle and note a house address.

Zimmerman said that he was looking for a street sign from the moment he got out of his truck.

In the reenactment Zimmerman was about 100 feet west of RVC when he said he looked down the dog walk and didn't see Martin.

Zimmerman said he started returning to his truck after reaching RVC, so he wasn't saving any walking distance with what would have been a 200 foot round trip.

What would be the point of Zimmerman giving the police an address on RVC, if he was going back to his truck to meet them there? 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
The sign you are referencing is several hundred yards from where he was located

More like 150 yards.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »
More like 150 yards.

So roughly twice the distance that TM was from BG's place when GZ lost sight of him running/skipping  towards his home?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »
The sign you are referencing is several hundred yards from where he was located and it seems he never made it near that location.
More like 150 yards.
So roughly twice the distance that TM was from BG's place when GZ lost sight of him running/skipping towards his home?

That would be at least 120 yards.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »
More like 150 yards.

So roughly twice the distance that TM was from BG's place when GZ lost sight of him running/skipping towards his home?

That would be at least 120 yards.

I don't think we are working off the same assumptions.  How far is it from the back of BG's to TM's body? 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
I don't think we are working off the same assumptions. 

Look.

Site Meter
click
tracking