Author Topic: EUREKA!  (Read 11730 times)

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: EUREKA!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »
I stand corrected.  TM was only about 30 or so yards closer to home when GZ saw him take off, than GZ was to the street sign.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »
That the sign is actually there is just a vivid illustration of a point that... <snip> is absurd on its face. <snip>
I took the liberty to reduce the comment to its most fundamental point.
http://hiss.in/41/much-ado-about-nothing-idiom-meaning-and-definition/

Offline amateur

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »

Zimmerman's truck was already pointed in the right direction. He would just have to drive around the bend. After reading the sign he would have had an intersection to turn around in.

That sign would have given him the name of Twin Trees Lane, the street whose name he said he wanted and on which his truck was located.

Not only that, but he could have then continued around the next bend and observed the dog walk from the other end, in his truck. 

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
Not only that, but he could have then continued around the next bend and observed the dog walk from the other end, in his truck.

And the back entrance.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:07 AM »
Are you people people insinuating that Z never went any farther than the T? :o

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
Are you people people insinuating that Z never went any farther than the T? :o

Is there any evidence GZ went any  further south than the northern part of TTL or the 'T'?

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
Collectively, it seems like plausible reasoning for him to exit the vehicle. The dispatcher himself even said "let me know if he does anything else". TM ran, had a considering jump on him and was quickly out of sight. Zimmerman likely thought, at best he may get a glace at him bolting out of the back gate. Regardless, getting an idea if he was staying inside or exiting the complex, while obtaining an close by address would have been fairly beneficial to police.

Its unknown if he truly was able to see if Martin in fact went down the T, or straight down the cut thru and went onto RVC. Or perhaps he did see Martin cut down the T, and as he passed by and didn't see him, assumed he may have managed to then get back onto RVC.

I think once Zimmerman passed the T and peeked over to RVC and saw nothing, he was a bit surprised and unnerved based on him not wanting to give personal information to the dispatcher because he didn't know where Trayvon was.

Zimmerman had the mindset from the start that based on the break ins prior, Trayvon could have very well been a burglar. Perhaps a bold one, coming up to the truck and trying to spook him. However once he ran, that clearly came off as an admission of guilt. Most anyone viewing someone them deem suspicious, watching them run off would likely reinforce that notion.

Besides, the likelihood of a property thief actually fleeing then deciding to come back and confront the person is slim. I can't say the last time I recall that happening. I think GZ knew that as he left the truck, however once he completely lost sight of Martin he probably felt a little uneasy, and wondered if this was something other than a residential thief.

Site Meter
click
tracking