State v. George Zimmerman (Pre-Trial) > Zimmerman Family and Friends

The Osterman Book and Dr. Phil

(1/5) > >>

TalkLeft:
I think it's a really bad idea for the Ostermans to be releasing a book and going on Dr. Phil. I explain why here.

nomatter_nevermind:
Some time ago I did a round-up of the discrepancies between Zimmerman's SPD statements, and the FDLE summary of Osterman's statement to them.

TalkLeft:

--- Quote from: nomatter_nevermind on September 02, 2012, 03:33:45 AM ---Some time ago I did a round-up of the discrepancies between Zimmerman's SPD statements, and the FDLE summary of Osterman's statement to them.

--- End quote ---

It's not the statements of Osterman to the FDLE that are the issue. The FDLE report  is a summary of his interview and not admissible (it would only come up if Osterman testified differently at trial and they called the agent who interviewed Osterman to impeach him, not Zimmerman, with the prior inconsistent statement. 

But what Osterman writes in his book and says publicly about what George told him could potentially be used to impeach George at trial if George testifies differently from what  Osterman says in the book or on TV that he told him.   All the state has to do is ask George on cross-examination if he ever said X. If George denies saying X, they call Osterman to the stand and ask if George ever told him X. If Osterman says yes, it's impeachment evidence.

So the statements that could hurt Zimmerman are those Osterman directly attributes to Zimmerman in his book or in media interviews.  I think those would be  the statements to compare with Zimmerman's statements to police.

Treehouse has the supposed excerpt of the chapter 1 and will be publishing a new one each day.

DebFrmHell:
I read the first part of the excerpt.   That was enough for me. 

TalkLeft:
Here is Dr. Phil's press release on the show.

Alicia Martin,  TM's stepmother, will also be on.

On Sept 14, the TM's mother, father and brother will appear.

From the previews, the Ostermans will get sandbagged. No surprise there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version