Author Topic: The Osterman Book and Dr. Phil  (Read 7471 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: The Osterman Book and Dr. Phil
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »
I think this interview probably did more good than harm for Zimmerman's cause. It presented key elements of his side of the story, to an audience that so far probably hasn't had much exposure to it.

The Ostermans have a self-interested motive in selling their book, but I appreciate their courage in facing a hostile interviewer and audience. I don't think anyone from the Martin side has done that yet.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
The Osterman book is now part of the prosecution case according to this OS article.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »
The Osterman book is now part of the prosecution case according to this OS article.

Of course. I think they will call Osterman, and if his testimony deviates from the book they can ask the judge to declare him hostile and impeach him with it.

I don't think the book will be admissible for any other purpose.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »
Of course. I think they will call Osterman, and if his testimony deviates from the book they can ask the judge to declare him hostile and impeach him with it.

I don't think the book will be admissible for any other purpose.

The CTH had this Zimmerman quote from the book
Somehow, I broke his grip on the gun and grabbed it between where the site and hammer is. I got it in my hand, raised it toward the guy’s chest and pulled the trigger.

Since this differs from the all the GZ accounts and DNA recovered from the gun, one would think the prosecution would bring it up in questioning Osterman.  Does anybody have the book and can verify the quote is really there?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

Is there a thread about the other stuff mentioned in that article, about how the state now wants all of O'Mara's subpoenas to be sealed? Is that crap even legal? ...I suppose legal is whatever the judge says it is in something like that, but it bothers me. 

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
Is there a thread about the other stuff mentioned in that article, about how the state now wants all of O'Mara's subpoenas to be sealed? Is that crap even legal? ...I suppose legal is whatever the judge says it is in something like that, but it bothers me. 

Not that I know of, feel free to start one under Court Matters.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
Its really not good this guy's book is making claims like this in a pending case like this.

Whether the case is if he misunderstood Zimmerman, Zimmerman exaggerated that part to him, or he flat out made that part up to sell books...its a bold claim to make at this point in the game.

I suppose the important thing here is Zimmerman himself never said that. I doubt Zimmerman would have been in a position to even get enough leverage to get the gun away from Trayvon if he did manage a firm grip on it.

Quite honestly, in a self defense situation it shouldn't really have to come down to getting beaten into a near vegetative state, or having to wrestle a weapon away from someone....

Site Meter
click
tracking