Author Topic: Subpoenas Are Issued For School Records  (Read 8857 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Subpoenas Are Issued For School Records
« on: September 14, 2012, 11:32:35 AM »
18th Circuit Court Media Advisories

Entire school records, including, but not limited to disciplinary notices and reports, suspension notices and reports, attendance records and tardiness records, awards given, documentation of participation in sports, documentation of extracurricular activities, documentation of after school programs, progress and report cards, meeting/conferences held and notes, transcripts, SAT scores, FCAT scores, applications, class schedules, book fees,  and any and all other documentation.

They include specifically Krop HS and Norwood Middle School and one in general for Miami Dade Public Schools.  I am curious as to why there is not one specifically for Carol City HS.  His mother, Sybrina Fulton, pulled him out of there before the end of the school year.  In an article, it says "much of his sophomore year" so I take that to mean he was well into the spring semester.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Subpoenas Are Issued For School Records
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »

They include specifically Krop HS and Norland Middle School and one in general for Miami Dade Public Schools.  I am curious as to why there is not one specifically for Carol City HS.  His mother, Sybrina Fulton, pulled him out of there before the end of the school year.  In an article, it says "much of his sophomore year" so I take that to mean he was well into the spring semester.

I had to quote myself to correct the spelling for Norland.  I had Norwood down and that is incorrect.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
Legally I think they can only go after the records that might have information on relevant character traits, like propensity for violence.  I thing SAT and other academic test results would be off limits.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
Legally I think they can only go after the records that might have information on relevant character traits, like propensity for violence.  I thing SAT and other academic test results would be off limits.

As shown by the "accidental" release of Zimmermans records, nothing is off limits IMO.

These records are protected and will not be released to the public unless by court order.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »
As shown by the "accidental" release of Zimmermans records, nothing is off limits IMO.

These records are protected and will not be released to the public unless by court order.

What the defense is allowed to go after is spelled out here.  1 (b) 1 is the relevant part.  Since the state has a greater burden of proof at trial, there are more character traits they may be able to go after.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »

They include specifically Krop HS and Norwood Middle School and one in general for Miami Dade Public Schools.  I am curious as to why there is not one specifically for Carol City HS.  His mother, Sybrina Fulton, pulled him out of there before the end of the school year.  In an article, it says "much of his sophomore year" so I take that to mean he was well into the spring semester.

Carol City is in the Miami Dade district.
I'm sure your as curious as me why he transferred.
Florida might be one of the states that has the "change of scenery" for certain actions, but who knows.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »
The defense did issue a subpoena for Carol City High School. It's here.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 12:12:14 AM »
According to Trayvon's friend Dominique Clark, Trayvon also attended Highland Oaks Middle school in North Dade. Miami Herald article here:

Dominique Clarke, 17 who knew him from Highland Oaks, said he was very quiet and kept to himself. The friends took Spanish together.

Another friend said the same thing:

One day at Krop last year, Brian Paz, 16, opened the door by the vending machine and he saw Trayvon. They had been good friends at Highland Oaks, but went to separate high schools. “I was like ‘What’s up man?’ I was happy to see him again,” Brian recalled.

There doesn't seem to be a subpoena for those records.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 02:03:22 AM »

While I have my doubts about whether or not the release of Zimmerman's school records was accidental or intentional, there's no evidence that it was intentional. That said, there seems to have been a lot of information leaked or "accidentally" released in this case.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 07:24:29 AM »
According to Trayvon's friend Dominique Clark, Trayvon also attended Highland Oaks Middle school in North Dade. Miami Herald article here:

Another friend said the same thing:

There doesn't seem to be a subpoena for those records.

So where does Norland  Middle School fit in?  I am confused.

Sorry about missing the CCHS.  It wasn't listed on the 18th Media Advisories.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
So where does Norland  Middle School fit in?  I am confused. Sorry about missing the CCHS.  It wasn't listed on the 18th Media Advisories.

He went to both middle schools.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
Please keep this thread to a discussion of subpoenas. Tracy Martin's personal life is not an appropriate topic for discussion here. Take those character attacks to another site.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »
If public records are "character attacks," do you think he should sue the city/county/state? Do you think he would win?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »
If public records are "character attacks," do you think he should sue the city/county/state? Do you think he would win?

Your question makes no sense.  The defense has not sought to introduce them.  The public records you are referring to have nothing to do with the shooting on Feb. 26 and are being written about  by those wanting to cast aspersions on his parents. Neither side has indicated they will seek to introduce them.  Please return to the topic.

Site Meter
click
tracking