Author Topic: How Well Did Zimmerman Know The People Investigating Him?  (Read 3164 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
How Well Did Zimmerman Know The People Investigating Him?
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
Responding to comment on another thread.

He was in contact with Bill Lee via Email about her after the shooting then?

It sounds like Zimmerman met Singleton before the shooting, when she was working security at a private party, either moonlighting or getting overtime.

2/27V, 13:49-57 , 6:32:26-34
Zimmerman: Were you an investigator when you worked that detail?

Singleton: Mmhmm.

Zimmerman: Oh.

Singleton: I used to do details to make extra, extra money.

Good catch for you. I've listened to the early part of the CVSA video a couple of times, but the significance of this didn't register.

From the formal interviews you would never guess that Zimmerman and Singleton had met before.

Officer Jonathan Mead mentioned recognizing Zimmerman in his report (p. 15 of the May 17 release).

The call logs show that officers previously responding to Zimmerman's calls in 2011 and 2012 include Adam Johnson (p.37), Carlos Davila (p. 39), Timothy Smith (pp. 44-45), and Jonathan Mead (p. 45).

Adam Johnson and Carlos Davila are mentioned in the report of Sgt. Stacie McCoy, on p. 17 of the May 17 release linked above.

Johnson was interveiwed by the SAO. The interview is summarized on p. 7 of the July 12 release.

The summary of Johnson's SAO interview does not mention any previous contact between Johnson and Zimmerman. It says that Johnson followed Smith and Zimmerman to SPD in a separate vehicle.

Davila's SAO interview is summarized on p. 6 of the July 12 release. The SAO summary says: 'Officer Davila had 2 or 3 contacts with Zimmerman prior to this incident. Davila had responded to Zimmerman's calls for assistance in relation to suspicious persons.'

Timothy Smith took Zimmerman into custody on 2/26/12. His reports are on pp. 14-15 of the May 17 release. His SAO interview is summarized on p. 23 of the July 12 release. The summary does not mention any previous contact between Smith and Zimmerman.

Officer Mead's SAO interview is summarized on p. 11 of the July 12 release. It mentions Mead having responded to at least one suspicious person call from Zimmerman.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:52:18 PM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: How Well Did Zimmerman Know The People Investigating Him?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »
Well, it isn't a huge force.  +/- 150 personnel.  Zimmerman did that ride-along which he was very critical of and then there is the Sherman Ware case against that officer's son, Collision.  He made up and distributed flyers for that.  Between that and the NEN calls, it isn't a shock that officers either knew him or knew of him.

Actually, I am surprised that Natalie Jackson wasn't more familiar with him.  I thought she represented the Ware family but I could be mistaken there.  I don't remember if it was rumor or fact.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:28 AM »
Actually, I am surprised that Natalie Jackson wasn't more familiar with him.  I thought she represented the Ware family but I could be mistaken there.  I don't remember if it was rumor or fact.

According to Natalie Jackson, she never heard of George and claims he had nothing to do with Sherman Ware.

Although, seeing as there are examples of her being, erm, less than honest in regards to this case, I'm not so sure I'd take her word on that.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »
Well, it isn't a huge force.  +/- 150 personnel.  Zimmerman did that ride-along which he was very critical of and then there is the Sherman Ware case against that officer's son, Collision.  He made up and distributed flyers for that.  Between that and the NEN calls, it isn't a shock that officers either knew him or knew of him.

I didn't remember reading he was "very critical" of the ride along so I googled it and came up with this (from the Huffington Post. It's kinda funny...)

"We do not have specific dates Mr. Zimmerman may have ridden or with whom he rode, if in fact he ever did ride" with Sanford police, Capt. Robert O'Connor said in a statement. Interim Police Chief Richard Myers said it would be “inappropriate” to draw conclusions from Zimmerman’s 2010 speech before the city council."

Of course the question I have to ask is why a cop, taking a civilian along on a ride along program would actually point out nap spots, take multiple lunch breaks and even go to a party while on duty.

Site Meter
click
tracking