Author Topic: Notice of Nov 19 Hearing, Docket Sounding, Reply to State (notice of production)  (Read 3409 times)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
On Friday, October 5, the Zimmerman defense team filed a Notice of Hearing, announcing a hearing to be held at 1:30 p.m. on October 19. At the October 19 hearing, the defense will ask the Court to consider a Motion for Order Issuing Subpoenas Duces Tecum; an "In-Camera" Review of Medical Records; and a Motion to Request Review of Certain Discovery.

The Zimmerman defense team will be present in Court on October 17 for a Docket Sounding. We have submitted a Motion to Continue to allow us more time to conduct depositions and continue to collect discovery and to seek necessary Court assistance in accomplishing additional discovery requests.

On September 17, the State submitted State's Response to Defendant's Notice of Production. On October 5 the defense filed a Reply to State's Response to Defendant's Notice of Production.

We'll probably need separate topics.

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/court-documents/50-notice-of-october-19-hearing-in-the-george-zimmerman-case

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
I thought that the inaudible tape was from W8?  (From the Crump interview on ABC)  Am I confused?

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
I suspect it was a typo and that W8 is what was meant.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
I think it is W9, the cousin, not W8. The recording in question was of a call to the SCSO (Seminole County Sheriff's Office) call center.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
I think it is W9, the cousin, not W8. The recording in question was of a call to the SCSO (Seminole County Sheriff's Office) call center.

The anonymous call? That was released in the first discovery I think. 4:28:10 W9_SPD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk3RJZa1nLc

Maybe there's another interview with the FBI? About the racism claims?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
I had some reason for my conclusion in my previous comment, but I think I'll need to look again to see if it actually made sense.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
After looking at it again, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I also can't find what the defense was referring to in the 8th supplement. Some of the writing in the motion seems to me to be a bit poorly worded and confusing. I hope the motion is really about W8 instead of W9. W8 is at the center of the state's case, and therefore interesting, while nothing W9 said seems to be admissible under any reasonably conceivable circumstances.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Maybe O'Mara just wants to have the chance to rehash the old evidence with the new judge. Give his perspective on it rather than having the judge rely on the State's. The State did give only selected bits to Lester when they filed their motions. A couple of examples: They broadsided O'Mara with the jail calls and only provided Lester with their excerpts. They omitted Shellie's offer to call the brother about PayPal.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Sorry that I haven't kept up recently but will this hearing or some other hearing be devoted to whether the state or the defense will call character witnesses?  Is it getting too late for adding new witnesses?  If the state doesn't call character witnesses who would say that Trayvon would never act the way George said he did, then I am back to square 1 in understanding their strategy.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
It wouldn't be the first time O'Mara has confused witness numbers.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
It wouldn't be the first time O'Mara has confused witness numbers.

I hope we get some confirmation soon, one way or the other. The motion is very interesting if it concerns the Crump interviews with DeeDee.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
I hope we get some confirmation soon, one way or the other. The motion is very interesting if it concerns the Crump interviews with DeeDee.

Actually I am wondering if that is not a typo but the real thing.  W9 called in a couple of days after the shooting.  She is the one who claimed that GZ was a racist from the get go.  I thought at the time she might be the "smoking gun" that got everyone focused on the racism of the case.  At the time, there was no talk of racism until three or four days after the shooting when Tracy Martin went to Crump.

I know that she is also believed to have contacted Natalie Jackson and a reporter (Daralyn?) with the same information.  It took a while for SPD (Serino?) to track her down since she left no contact number and her tip was anonymous.  But when interviewed she came up with all the in***t things rather than make her case about the racism.

This is all IIRC and IMO.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Actually I am wondering if that is not a typo but the real thing.

I think the odds are in favor of it actually being W9 (much to my disappointment). In any event, I suspect if it's W8, it will be corrected soon. The Orlando Sentinel has a story saying:

In a third new motion, O'Mara asked to be allowed to review the court's copy of a recorded law enforcement interview of a woman identified as "Witness 9." That witness, in two interviews made public in the case already, accused Zimmerman of disliking black people and of molesting her when they were both young.

O'Mara writes in his motion that the state failed several times to provide him with a working copy of a third Witness 9 interview, and he wants to know whether Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. received a bad copy, too.

Once it's made public in a news report, I doubt O'Mara would allow the error (if it is one) to stand for long.

Site Meter
click
tracking