Author Topic: George Zimmerman Defense Files Demand for Specific Discovery  (Read 19964 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
George Zimmerman Defense Files Demand for Specific Discovery
« on: October 11, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »

On October 11, 2012 the Zimmerman defense team filed a Demand for Specific Discovery requesting all records held by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Department of Justice Community Relations Services as they pertain the the organizations' respective investigations and communications regarding the State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman or any related matters, including the investigation of the Sanford Police Departmentís handling of the initial investigation.

Link to PDF File

I think the media will jump on this for support.  This is an important day, IMO.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: George Zimmerman Defense Files Demand for Specific Discovery
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »

Link to PDF File

I think the media will jump on this for support.  This is an important day, IMO.

Too late to edit but I think it is time to put to an end the speculations regarding race and corruption.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
Hopefully this discovery request will shed some light on the SPD internal discussion involving the initial leaks. I don't think this has been properly examined or at least revealed.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
Hopefully this discovery request will shed some light on the SPD internal discussion involving the initial leaks. I don't think this has been properly examined or at least revealed.

Perkins, Villenova, and Barns come to mind.  According to the FBI interview with Serino, he suspected them of leaks.  I think that he was inferring information to Team Crump, not so much to the media.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
Does this include Pam Biondi's office?  As the State's Attorney General, wouldn't she have been kept apprised of any of the investigations?  I ask because, of the agencies named, hers isn't.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Does this include Pam Biondi's office?  As the State's Attorney General, wouldn't she have been kept apprised of any of the investigations?  I ask because, of the agencies named, hers isn't.

You'd think it would (or at least, I'd think it would). I'd also like to see if there were internal memo/emails between her/her office and the governor's office.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »

From a March 7 Reuters story:

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

I have little doubt that Zimmerman's NEN call was leaked to Julison and Crump.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
I have little doubt that Zimmerman's NEN call was leaked to Julison and Crump.

Far be it from them to make something up.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
Far be it from them to make something up.

Julison said, "If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order." I don't believe for a second he just made that up. It doesn't even fit in with the story that Zimmerman hunted Martin down like a dog. But it certainly plays off the "Are you following him?" exchange.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
You'd think it would (or at least, I'd think it would). I'd also like to see if there were internal memo/emails between her/her office and the governor's office.

This is from March 26th, 2012:

Link to Miami Herald

...Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi also addressed the investigation into Trayvon Martin's death. She said she spoke to Trayvon's lawyer Ben Crump on Sunday, and that she'd spoken to the teen's parents recently, too.

"They know how I feel, I know how they feel," she said. "My heart breaks for these parents. They've been through so much. It breaks my heart, what they're going through."

She's also been in close contact with the U.S. Attorney office that's working with the FBI on the case. In addition, she's been speaking daily with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, an agency she called "completely objective."

"They will do everything in their power to have all the questions answered," Bondi said. "Right now we have too many unanswered questions." 

Bondi said that she herself has no jurisdiction to prosecute the case, but called the special prosecutor, Angela Corey, "second to none," and pledged a "thorough investigation."

"We are doing everything in our power to ensure that justice is sought in this case," she said.

The task force appointed by the governor will be taking a look at the role of the state's "Stand Your Ground" laws, Bondi said. They do not yet know what role that law played in the incident, she said.

"What we do know is that a 17-year-old boy was walking home, and now he's dead," she said. "And when you have questions like that, they need to be answered."

I am so glad that the Attorney General represents all persons, regardless of race, color, creed or religion.

:o

If I were O'Mara I would subpoena her, too, just for Sh*ts and Giggles.   But I am kind of spiteful that way.
 :-[

ETA!!!!  I mean that in the Presumption of Innocence until proven guilty kind of way.  Not political.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:27:43 PM by DebFrmHell »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
It doesn't even fit in with the story that Zimmerman hunted Martin down like a dog.

How does it not fit?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
How does it not fit?

Because if Zimmerman hunted Martin down, disregarding the recommendations of the call taker would be a trivial transgression, not worth mentioning. I think it goes without saying that police advise not hunting people down like dogs.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
I think it goes without saying that police advise not hunting people down like dogs.

Most people who are looking to hunt down dogs don't let the dog bite them several times before putting it down either....

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »
Most people who are looking to hunt down dogs don't let the dog bite them several times before putting it down either....

I can imagine that happening first time out, especially if the wannabe hunter isn't very smart.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 06:32:25 AM »
It looks like the defense is exploring the possibility that something fishy went on with Deedee's interview with Crump. Item 4. Also, is this the first motion signed by West?

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/court-documents/54-defense-files-motion-to-compel-discovery-in-the-zimmerman-case

EDIT: By something fishy went on I mean that somehow an inaudible copy of the interview made its way into discovery rather than a clear version.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:34:30 AM by FromBelow »

Site Meter
click
tracking