Author Topic: Serino hired Baez to represent him  (Read 7538 times)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Serino hired Baez to represent him
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:21 AM »
There are some links to that site at the blog.

I once copied one of those links here. It was deleted, with objections to its specific content rather than Leatherman's blog.

It would be convenient to have a posted list of forbidden sites.

Thank you.

That post of Redbrow's referencing Leatherman seems to have gotten shoved down the memory hole.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 05:56:05 AM »
It confirms the case was turned over before SPD finished their investigation. It does not confirm who ordered the case to be turned over to the State Attorney's Office.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it was the governor in a blind panic when he heard that Wolfinger was going to turn the case over to the grand jury.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 06:29:22 AM »
I'm not sure what Leatherman is doing in this thead about Serino and Baez

We were discussing what was said about Serino and Baez on Leatherman's blog.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »
It confirms the case was turned over before SPD finished their investigation. It does not confirm who ordered the case to be turned over to the State Attorney's Office.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it was the governor in a blind panic when he heard that Wolfinger was going to turn the case over to the grand jury.

We were talking about why the case went from SPD to Wolfinger, not why it went from Wolfinger to Corey.

As has been said, it can be confusing because 'State Attorney' can mean Wolfinger or Corey.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 06:49:33 AM »
I'm not sure what Leatherman is doing in this thead about Serino and Baez, but how does an association with Jeralyn discredit him?

Leatherman discredits himself.

Leatherman, in his blog, does all of the things Jeralyn is very strict about disallowing in her forums. He lies about evidence and attacks the character of GZ, among many other things. I suspect any interaction Jeralyn may have had with Leatherman in the past was peripheral and/or not long lasting.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 11:18:48 PM »

It was the governor, according to Corey. I was reviewing the transcript of her press conference to see if she ever directly stated DeeDee was a minor and came upon a statement confirming it was the governor's decision to take over the investigation from SPD.

COREY: We work together with our law enforcement officers here.

As you see, I have my sheriff and our undersheriff here. We work with all of our law enforcement agencies where to try to work these cases together. Remember prosecutors are law enforcement as well. And we work these cases with our investigating agencies and we try to come to as many mutual decisions as we can.

This case was in that process when the governor stepped in and appointed us to take it over. We have continued to work with the Sanford Police Department. We got full cooperation in all of those significant documents and records from Mr. Wolfinger and then Bernie and John and their team took this over and did a lot more work, and we came to our conclusion based on the facts and Florida's law.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/11/jkusa.01.html

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 01:36:39 AM »
It was the governor, according to Corey. I was reviewing the transcript of her press conference to see if she ever directly stated DeeDee was a minor and came upon a statement confirming it was the governor's decision to take over the investigation from SPD.

That was referring to the case being taken from Wolfinger's office.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
More on Serino & Baez
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 10:32:32 AM »
The Orlando Sentinel had a story yesterday that the prosecutors might throw the Sanford cops under the bus. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-11-30/news/os-george-zimmerman-jose-baez-serino-20121130_1_sanford-cops-special-prosecutor-angela-corey-george-zimmerman

Site Meter
click
tracking