Author Topic: Latest Frances Robles Report  (Read 959 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Latest Frances Robles Report
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
Here in the Miami Herald.

Two very interesting quotes:
“I’m so used to prosecutors dumping boxes of evidence on me, because most of my clients are obviously guilty of something,” O’Mara said. “I get a case like this, and it’s the opposite. For whatever reason, I have to fight tooth and nail to get what I want. The more discovery I get, the better it is for me.”

In Miami, civic leaders appear increasingly worried that Zimmerman could be acquitted or have the charges against him dismissed on self-defense grounds.The Community Relations Board on Tuesday announced plans to create a youth advisory board and hold a young people’s summit to address how the community should react if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

When Sanford Police did not arrest Zimmerman for weeks after Trayvon’s death last spring, students at 31 South Florida high schools walked out.

“I think there’s concern he could be acquitted, surely,” said Community Relations board director Amy Carswell. “There are people who would be angry about it. So far they have shown a response that was nonviolent and positive, and we want to keep it that way.”

Site Meter
click
tracking