Author Topic: Motion to Modify Conditions of Release  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
« on: December 07, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
Zimmerman has filed a motion to modify the terms of his bond.

It seems to my layperson opinion that the defense is using the revelation that SPD saw no probable cause before media attention intervened and the results of the FBI investigation as new circumstances in regard to bond. The defense team is seeking to remove Zimmerman from GPS monitoring, allow him unrestricted travel within Florida and open the possibility of out-of-state travel with court approval. The court will hear this motion, among others, Tuesday Dec. 11 at 9 AM EST.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
Re: Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »
The defense team has also file a Motion for Clarification of Order Setting Bail

This issue here is Zimmerman's contact with witnesses. In the first order setting bail, the court prohibits Zimmerman from having contact with any witnesses. In his second order setting bail, according to the defense team, this stipulation was omitted. Zimmerman points out in the motion that many defense witnesses consist of Zimmerman's family and freinds and even though the stipulation does not exist in the second order that, out of an abundance of caution, Zimmerman has restricted his contact with these people and asks the court to only restrict his contact with the victim's family.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
I'm a little surprised there was no mention of Judge Lester being removed which was in part due to his craziness about the new bond.
Or is it simply assumed the new judge is well aware of why she's the new judge?
Or does it just not matter.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
The attachments to that motion have some new information in them, including deposition transcripts.
On Page 44, a deposition concerning the initial SPD conferences on the case, Ofc. Santiago relates a discussion regarding charging one of the 911 callers with failing to render aid (or something similar):

We talked about it, I think it was like the last day, the last meeting I was in and we talked about can we even file charges on the guy that dialed 911. I don't know down here in Florida, you're supposed to help somebody and not just watch them, not just stay on with 911, like walk back into your house.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:31:54 AM by Cylinder »

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »

Paragraph 6 (p. 2) recounts Zimmerman's cooperation with the investigation. It reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the fictional legal show The Practice. 'The spirit of nothing to hide doesn't buy you very much.'

This case is a real life illustration, as was the Duke Lacrosse case.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
Paragraph 6 (p. 2) recounts Zimmerman's cooperation with the investigation. It reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the fictional legal show The Practice. 'The spirit of nothing to hide doesn't buy you very much.'

This case is a real life illustration, as was the Duke Lacrosse case.

Ain't that the truth.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
Which is funny, because if one acts in a guilty fashion, that can actually be used against one.

Presumption of innocence  ::)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »
Judge Nelson has denied the motion.

Site Meter
click
tracking