Author Topic: Zimmerman's Two Flashlights  (Read 10424 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Zimmerman's Two Flashlights
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:15 AM »
One thing that may call what I think I hear into question is that during the CVSA interview, GZ is talking about the moment when TM approaches his vehicle, and GZ says his windows were up (all the way?), because it was raining, and that he didn't hear if TM said anything. 

In Zimmerman's first SPD interview, he said he raised the windows as Martin approached (2/26-1, 11:55-12:00).

Audio

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »
There is definitely some type of foreign sound/voice around the time Zimmerman says something in regard to an officer getting over there.

Could simply be something on Sean's end, however at this time Zimmerman did describe Martin to be nearby his truck so I suppose it could very well be a possibility TM did say something. With that said, one of the parts of the reenactment that always stuck out to me was Zimmerman mentioning something to the effect of Trayvon may have said something to him but he didn't hear it, his windows were up and he was talking to the dispatcher. It always struck me as odd, because it seemed irrelevant. However, the fact he pointed it out does kind of imply that perhaps he thought Martin said something as he passed his truck.

Early on, Tracy Martin mentioned that Serino told him there were words exchanged at the truck also. I've never been able to understand what that was all about, as clearly nothing of the sort took place on the NEN call besides that single foreign voice/sound that could be numerous things.

Tracy never really seemed to elaborate on this, so I'm not sure Serino was perhaps implying to him that the two exchanged words before the actual call. Who knows. I've often wondered if there was something else we're missing here that escalated the situation so quickly. But then again, with DeeDee likely on the phone at that time Martin entered into the development, it would have been likely she would have mentioned something if unfavorable words were exchanged.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 03:39:48 AM »
one of the parts of the reenactment that always stuck out to me was Zimmerman mentioning something to the effect of Trayvon may have said something to him but he didn't hear it, his windows were up and he was talking to the dispatcher. It always struck me as odd, because it seemed irrelevant. However, the fact he pointed it out does kind of imply that perhaps he thought Martin said something as he passed his truck.

Response on thread for 'George as a Witness'.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 05:23:34 AM »
Early on, Tracy Martin mentioned that Serino told him there were words exchanged at the truck also. I've never been able to understand what that was all about, as clearly nothing of the sort took place on the NEN call besides that single foreign voice/sound that could be numerous things.

Response on new thread for Tracy Martin.

Offline Departure

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:32 AM »
I've done a very basic edit to the copy of the NEN call I have in .WAV format.  I tried to isolate the moment where you can hear (what I believe to be) the third voice, possibly Trayvon's.

Here is a link to the file.  It was the first file hosting site I found on Google.  Not sure if it's a good choice or not, but hopefully it'll suffice.

http://www.filedropper.com/tmnen

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:54 AM »
I've done a very basic edit to the copy of the NEN call I have in .WAV format.  I tried to isolate the moment where you can hear (what I believe to be) the third voice, possibly Trayvon's.

Thanks for doing this.

The syllable isn't intelligible, but it's sharp, not muffled. I think it's someone in the same room as Noffke. Even if Zimmerman was wrong about the windows being up, I think Martin would have to be pretty close to the truck to sound that sharp over a cell phone.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »
Do not post rank speculation here. And please stay on topic.
I've deleted a comment that refers to gossip read elsewhere implying the word "gun" was heard in the call. If you want to discuss things like that, you will have to do it on the sites where you found it.

As for hearing a third person's voice on the non-emergency call, there has been no reference in discovery to it and it's not an issue in the case. I won't delete the comments but it's a distraction and I'll ask you all to not to post supported speculation.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:54:02 PM by TalkLeft »

Site Meter
click
tracking