Author Topic: The Worst Witness?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
The Worst Witness?
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
Here's an idea for a fun thread that will probably be shut down.

RickyJim has suggested that W-18 'is just about the worst witness of the bunch.'

My nominee is Mary Cutcher.

An early police report (p. 18 of the May 17 release, the 184 page pdf), says that Cutcher at first denied witnessing anything.

What she would later claim to have seen and heard amounted to little, was heavily mixed with hearsay and speculation, and was often not consistent with other witnesses.

Cutcher and Selma Mora claimed that Mora spoke with Zimmerman. In his SPD interviews Zimmerman spontaneously described his encounters with W-6 and W-13, but never mentioned seeing or speaking to Mora. I don't think any of the other witnesses mentioned seeing her either.

Cutcher made the rounds of the talk shows, not concealing her identity, expressing solidarity with the Martin family and sometimes in company with them. She used her authority as a witness to promote Zimmerman's guilt, supporting her position with speculative arguments anyone could have made. She has presented herself as biased and a publicity hound.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Re: The Worst Witness?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »
Won't be shut down. It's a valid topic: Which witness is least helpful to the state -- or to the defense. Either because of what they saw or because of evolving stories or credibility issues.

I think the worst witnesses from a credibility standpoint due to evolving stories  are Cutcher/Mora, and  the Teacher (W-18.)  Cutcher/Mora are also biased due to their early association with Team Crump.

The worst witnesses for the state from a factual standpoint (because their statements support GZ) are Witnesses 6, 11 and 20.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: The Worst Witness?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »
The standard answer for who is the worst witness for the defense case is DeeDee.  However, I find what we have so far ambiguous as to whom she helps more. 

Site Meter
click
tracking