Author Topic: Report: Sanford cops initially wanted Zimmerman charged with 2nd-degree murder  (Read 2623 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-01-08/news/os-george-zimmerman-serino-changes-20130108_1_investigator-chris-serino-trayvon-martin-george-Zimmerman

...The girl, identified by officials as "witness 8," told Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump in the recording that she was on the phone just before the shooting and heard Trayvon being pursued and confronted by a man. Her account to Crump, with federal investigators listening in, largely matches what she would later tell de la Rionda in his recorded interview.

Crump made a list of those who were present.  No where is any representative from the FBI listed.  There is no indication that it was a conference call that included them.  Crump said he was sending the interview off to the DOJ, IIRC, not the FBI.

So where are they getting this information?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0

"Her account to Crump, with federal investigators listening in..."

Maybe it means the mailman dropped by his office about that time.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Maybe it means the mailman dropped by his office about that time.

;D

Best suggestion so far.

• Rate Post +0/-0
Crump said he was sending the interview off to the DOJ, IIRC, not the FBI.

Crump mentioned both at the press conference.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Crump mentioned both at the press conference.

Logic dictates that he wouldn't have to sent the FBI anything since they were there.  Well, maybe just my logic.
 :o

• Rate Post +0/-0
The OS article didn't say 'FBI'. It said 'federal investigators'.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Well, if you accept that:

1) Crump didn't mention federal investigators because he wasn't aware of any.
2) The OS mentioned them because they have some source that told them feds were listening in.

Then this could get very interesting. Taken literally "listening in" suggests the feds were monitoring one or more of the participants in that interview.

Personally I think the OS just said that federal investigators were listening in just to give legitimacy to Crump's interview with Dee Dee. For some unknown reason.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Seems to me it's likely a misinterpretation of Crump's statement in reference to his recording that the FBI has the best recording equipment in the world. If so, the reporters' next assignment should be covering the annual Miami petunia festival.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
2) The OS mentioned them because they have some source that told them feds were listening in.

I find that quite improbable because I can't see the reporters burying the lead like that. If the feds were monitoring the interview, with or without Crump's knowledge, that would be big news. Why stick it in a throwaway line at the end of the story?

• Rate Post +0/-0
Seems to me it's likely a misinterpretation of Crump's statement in reference to his recording that the FBI has the best recording equipment in the world.

I think you've got it.

If so, the reporters' next assignment should be covering the annual Miami petunia festival.

I think it would qualify them to host a talk show.

What do you have against petunia fanciers?

I can't see the reporters burying the lead like that. If the feds were monitoring the interview, with or without Crump's knowledge, that would be big news. Why stick it in a throwaway line at the end of the story?

I've been thinking that too.

There's also the lack of a source, and of details, such as which federal agency sent the 'investigators'. 

Site Meter
click
tracking