Author Topic: Retreat at Twin Lakes Clubhouse Videos  (Read 41466 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Retreat at Twin Lakes Clubhouse Videos
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
Because they are evidence.
We are really starved for some good evidence, aren't we? - like a GPS account where M&Z were during their calls or a competent investigator interview of W#6.  If Matt Gutman actually did one, it would probably be better than what we have so far.  As far as the clubhouse videos, I think the pool one might have something useful to tell us about the rain that evening.  Has anybody checked if it started to rain harder right after Zimmerman finished his NEN call?  This relates to a possible justification for not waiting on RVC for the cops and heading back towards TTL and his truck.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »
We are really starved for some good evidence, aren't we? - like a GPS account where M&Z were during their calls or a competent investigator interview of W#6.

How was Batchelor's interview incompetent?

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2013, 04:33:28 PM »
How was Batchelor's interview incompetent?
Meant W#8.  My apologies to Mr. Batchelor, who did the best interviews in the case I have heard.  :-[

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
Oh god yes rickyjim we are most certainly well beyond past needing some new evidence absolutely no doubt about it. To me it's like getting worse. Just when you think we're going to get some answers about the phone stuff we get more questions! :o >:(

Batchelor is the best! ;D Hell yeah, man he should have done all the interviews. I couldn't imagine him with W8 though, I think he'd break, lol :'( Not only that but we wouldn't have gotten to hear all those nice leading questions and statements by Bernie. ::)

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »
Has anybody checked if it started to rain harder right after Zimmerman finished his NEN call?

FYI: here is the wind and rain data for 2/26/12 for the Ravena Park weather station, the measuring point closest to RATL. (I noticed DM had posted data from the airport, which is farther away and a different geography.)

Time    Wind      Speed      Gust      Rainfall Rate/hr
18:27   Calm                      2.5mph   0.00in
18:32   Calm                      3.1mph   0.00in
18:37   Calm                      3.1mph   0.02in
18:42   Calm                      1.6mph   0.03in
18:47   East      1.1mph      1.6mph   0.04in
18:52   East      1.6mph      1.8mph   0.04in
18:57   East      1.1mph      1.8mph   0.04in
19:02   ENE      1.1mph      2.5mph   0.05in
19:07   East      1.3mph      2.5mph   0.07in
19:13   Calm                      2.5mph   0.08in
19:18   Calm                      2.2mph    0.09in
19:23   Calm                      2.2mph   0.09in
19:28   East       1.3mph      1.6mph   0.09in
19:33   ENE       1.1mph      2.2mph   0.09in

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
FYI: here is the wind and rain data for 2/26/12 for the Ravena Park weather station, the measuring point closest to RATL.

Thanks. That's interesting.

I didn't know any weather station chopped it's rain data so finely over time.

One thing leaps out. It was raining hardest when Dee Dee said it had stopped.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »
FYI: here is the wind and rain data for 2/26/12 for the Ravena Park weather station, the measuring point closest to RATL. (I noticed DM had posted data from the airport, which is farther away and a different geography.)

Time    Wind      Speed      Gust      Rainfall Rate/hr
18:27   Calm                      2.5mph   0.00in
18:32   Calm                      3.1mph   0.00in
18:37   Calm                      3.1mph   0.02in
18:42   Calm                      1.6mph   0.03in
18:47   East      1.1mph      1.6mph   0.04in
18:52   East      1.6mph      1.8mph   0.04in
18:57   East      1.1mph      1.8mph   0.04in
19:02   ENE      1.1mph      2.5mph   0.05in
19:07   East      1.3mph      2.5mph   0.07in
19:13   Calm                      2.5mph   0.08in
19:18   Calm                      2.2mph    0.09in
19:23   Calm                      2.2mph   0.09in
19:28   East       1.3mph      1.6mph   0.09in
19:33   ENE       1.1mph      2.2mph   0.09in

Thats information from the second closest weather tower to RTL (1.5 miles away).  The closest tower (about .75 miles away) has higher wind readings (gusts to 5mph) as well as slightly higher rain averages.  The heaviest rain in the area appears to be around 7:10-7:30.

http://imgur.com/a/bcAII

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »
The clubhouse pool is closer still.  I thought Deb has checked the video of it for rain information.  I suppose we are interested mostly in the 7:12 - 7:16 time frame as far as Zimmerman's actions.  What was the time Martin supposedly sought shelter from the rain, according to DeeDee?

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »
The closest tower (about .75 miles away) has higher wind readings (gusts to 5mph)...
http://imgur.com/a/bcAII

Did you read the explanatory text under tchoupi's charts?

I know the purpose of this site is to support the defense, but if the claim is going to be that there was a wind gust that corresponded exactly with the period when GZ was breathing hard in his pursuit of TM, and stopped to dead calm immediately thereafter, I doubt that would have any value in court. The prosecution would get a meteorologist for rebuttal, and make the defense look foolish. Might as well admit GZ was running. It doesn't go directly to the self-defense claim, and GZ has so many "mis-statements" to explain away that any one of them isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »
What was the time Martin supposedly sought shelter from the rain, according to DeeDee?

She gives no indication that would establish when he first sought shelter, but her comments about the dropped calls put TM under the mail awning at 6:54.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2013, 07:28:57 AM »
She gives no indication that would establish when he first sought shelter, but her comments about the dropped calls put TM under the mail awning at 6:54.
In other threads, it is established that a Breezeway in Colonial Village is a strong candidate for where the sheltering took place.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2013, 07:44:44 AM »
Did you read the explanatory text under tchoupi's charts?

I know the purpose of this site is to support the defense, but if the claim is going to be that there was a wind gust that corresponded exactly with the period when GZ was breathing hard in his pursuit of TM, and stopped to dead calm immediately thereafter, I doubt that would have any value in court. The prosecution would get a meteorologist for rebuttal, and make the defense look foolish. Might as well admit GZ was running. It doesn't go directly to the self-defense claim, and GZ has so many "mis-statements" to explain away that any one of them isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.

Yes, and they are factually inaccurate.  Wind measurements at 50' are not always higher than surface measurements (the essence of tchoupi's analysis) because structures like buildings can cause a tunneling effect which increases wind speeds.  I work in an area that is relatively open and park in a lot and walk downhill to the building entrance which is flanked by other structures.  There is almost always higher wind gusts at the bottom of the hill where the buildings create a tunnel than there is in the open area at the top of the hill.   RTL has 2-3 story buildings arranged in rows which certainly can cause variances in wind speeds.  In essence, an expert would have no problem rebutting any claim that we know exactly what the wind gusts were in that exact location at the time GZ exited his vehicle.

I didn't really want to get into all of that, my initial comment was on their being a closer weather station that showed slightly higher rain and wind measurements with slightly different timing.

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
Oh gosh, let's not get on the wind/chase thing ::) in a clubhouse video section. But if the claim is going to be George ran at that point then that is another claim that would have to be proven. I had fun messing around with it though; taking my phone outside and running with it to see if I could reproduce those wind noises :) Of course to be precise for such a test we would need to know what phone George was using that night. It was a blackberry wasn't it? Did he use a bluetooth or something of that nature?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Oh gosh, let's not get on the wind/chase thing ::) in a clubhouse video section. But if the claim is going to be George ran at that point then that is another claim that would have to be proven. I had fun messing around with it though; taking my phone outside and running with it to see if I could reproduce those wind noises :) Of course to be precise for such a test we would need to know what phone George was using that night. It was a blackberry wasn't it? Did he use a bluetooth or something of that nature?

Hey now!  I was fascinated watching that rain.  It kept me amused and out of trouble for hours...   :D

((I think it is because we are in a drought.))

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »
Did [GZ] use a bluetooth or something of that nature?

I don't think so. He never mentions using a headset. None was found at the scene or logged into evidence. W8 siad Trayvon told her 'the man was on the phone' which he wouldn't have been able to discern unless GZ was holding a phone to his ear.

On another matter, I think Smith approached with flashers on, but without a siren. None of the witnesses mention hearing a siren. And police sirens are LOUD, so you'd think we would hear it in the background of one of the 911 calls if Smith (or Ayala for that matter) had used his.

Site Meter
click
tracking