Author Topic: Retreat at Twin Lakes Clubhouse Videos  (Read 40567 times)

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Retreat at Twin Lakes Clubhouse Videos
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
Yes, and they are factually inaccurate.  Wind measurements at 50' are not always higher than surface measurements (the essence of tchoupi's analysis) because structures like buildings can cause a tunneling effect which increases wind speeds.  I work in an area that is relatively open and park in a lot and walk downhill to the building entrance which is flanked by other structures.  There is almost always higher wind gusts at the bottom of the hill where the buildings create a tunnel than there is in the open area at the top of the hill.  RTL has 2-3 story buildings arranged in rows which certainly can cause variances in wind speeds.  In essence, an expert would have no problem rebutting any claim that we know exactly what the wind gusts were in that exact location at the time GZ exited his vehicle.

I didn't really want to get into all of that, my initial comment was on their being a closer weather station that showed slightly higher rain and wind measurements with slightly different timing.
I would like to quash this here and now, since the Esquire article it has been repeated many times and many places but the simple fact is "The Retreat at Twin Lakes" is composed of two story townhomes only, there are NO 3 story buildings of any sort in RATL. "Lakes Edge" and "Colonial Village at Twin Lakes" both have 2-3 story buildings, RATL does not.

*Nothing personal leftwig I just wanted to address that single point.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
Has anyone seen the photographs that SA Rodriguez took of the camera locations? I don't think they provided them in the public discovery but they are referenced in reports.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »
Has anyone seen the photographs that SA Rodriguez took of the camera locations? I don't think they provided them in the public discovery but they are referenced in reports.

None that I have seen.  Anywhere.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
At 7:18:39 JohnW6 tells the 911 operator "There's two guys in the backyard with flashlights." This more than a minute before Smith arrives on scene and arrests GZ. So we know one of the guys with a flashlight is W13. The only other person there is Zimmerman. His 'tactical' flashlight wasn't working. So he had to be using his mini-key-chain light. Which means he dropped it at the T AFTER the struggle, probably because he didn't want anything in his hands when he surrendered to the officer.

In his FDLE interview, W-13 indicated he saw the keychain flashlight on the ground near the T, just after he went outside.

Investigator: Did you, after you went outside with your flashlight, and looked around, was it anything laying on the ground that you noticed out of the ordinary?

W-13: No. Along, along with just the kid laying there, I saw, I noticed there was one, it, it looked like one of those tactical flashlights. And then, towards the corner, on the sidewalk, across from where the, that poop station is, was a, like a little flashlight. I don't know if it could have been, like, it looked like a flashlight to me anyways. So it looked like there was two flashlights on the ground.

I haven't found an acceptable link to W-13's FDLE interview. Jeralyn doesn't want any linking to Axiom Amnesia. I spent some time searching in vain on YouTube. This page has SPD and SAO interviews for W-13, but not FDLE.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »
In his FDLE interview, W-13 indicated he saw the keychain flashlight on the ground near the T, just after he went outside.

That's quite an interesting interview. I'm surprised it's so hard to find a copy.

Perhaps what W6 saw was W13's flashlight, and the beam of W13's flashlight on Zimmerman. W13 says he shown his flashlight on Zimmerman, which would produce an extra spot of light.  The fact that W13 saw the small flashlight on the ground, and didn't mention Zimmerman having a flashlight at the time W13 was shining his flashlight, pretty much invalidates whonoze's theory.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2013, 08:25:23 PM »
Let's keep this thread to the clubhouse videos and cameras please.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2013, 02:33:54 PM »
There's quite a few oddities out there that think GZ never parked at the clubhouse, but aside from the obvious, if you look at the 2 windows in the game room vid, you can clearly see them illuminate after he obviously pulls in at about 20:46.

Those 2 windows nearly double in output for about a minute or so, it is very subtle but clear as day when you look for the change(use the slider).

Aside from passing cars, the 2 windows stay consistent for the entire tape, except when GZ pulls in for that brief stay.

That light event begins about 26:23 on the Whonoze video, 7:07:13 on his version of the time stamp. A few seconds later there is an even more prominent brightening of the kitchen window. Why do you think this is a vehicle parking instead of passing?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
8)
http://diwataman.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/clubhouse-video-and-discussion/

I don't understand why you think W-3 could see through the gaps between the buildings. They're about 17 feet wide and 40 feet long. You can use Google Earth ruler to see where a person would have to be to see through one, and W-3 would be nowhere close.

I also don't think her being on the second floor would make more than a minor difference in what she could see. All the neighboring buildings are two story. It's not like she could see over them.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »
So we don't think she could have seen police lights flashing through the 17' gaps between the buildings and reflecting off of other surfaces? 

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »
I don't understand why you think W-3 could see through the gaps between the buildings. They're about 17 feet wide and 40 feet long. You can use Google Earth ruler to see where a person would have to be to see through one, and W-3 would be nowhere close.

I also don't think her being on the second floor would make more than a minor difference in what she could see. All the neighboring buildings are two story. It's not like she could see over them.

I don't know why you think I think that. I have no idea what W3 can see from her window.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
So we don't think she could have seen police lights flashing through the 17' gaps between the buildings and reflecting off of other surfaces?

Is there any evidence that Smith's flashers were on?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »
I have no idea what W3 can see from her window.

I have an idea that W-3 doesn't have X-ray vision.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
Is there any evidence that Smith's flashers were on?

If he was driving down RVC, would we have any evidence they were or weren't? 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »
I don't understand why you think W-3 could see through the gaps between the buildings.

I don't know why you think I think that.

Apologies for the sloppy wording. That should have been 'might have been able to see'.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
That light event begins about 26:23 on the Whonoze video, 7:07:13 on his version of the time stamp. A few seconds later there is an even more prominent brightening of the kitchen window. Why do you think this is a vehicle parking instead of passing?

How many seconds later, from ?

The game room.avi is interesting, but it's clear a vehicle is parked in front of the clubhouse for about a minute, just by looking at the parking lot illumination.
About 21:40 things start to change, and there does appear to be some traffic about.

As for the kitchen.avi, check the 40:27 vehicle with the one at 20:47(GZ), also notice the shape of the 20:47 tire, those are pretty good hints to what is happening, aside from the lighting events alone.

Happy Valentines. :)

Site Meter
click
tracking