Author Topic: DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE  (Read 2632 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
Defendant's Motion to Continue
on 30 January 2013.

The following DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE has been filed with the Court, as well as two additional motions and an AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING.

http://gzlegalcase.com/

There has been "something afoot" with that cell phone.  MOM has been busy this week.  I haven't read all of them yet but the cell phone went off to California for testing?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
The defense filed a Motion to Continue today (Jan. 30). To be honest, I'm not sure what they're asking for. I assume it's just an unspecified delay in the trial, since I don't see any particular date proposed. Whatever its purpose, it contains a long list of complaints about the state's discovery response, with quite a few juicy details about W8 and Martin's cellphone. I haven't finished reading the whole thing, but one example is that the cellphone was analyzed by some California firm and also CelleBrite, and the defense was given GPS data from the phone, but not for Feb. 26.

(This is a repost from a thread I started before I saw this thread.)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
It's looking to me like the defense is preparing a case for prosecutorial misconduct a la Nifong. IANAL, but it seems like they have some evidence and I expect more will be obtained and revealed as the weeks/months go by. It's only going to get better for the defense and much, much worse for the state, Team Crump, the Martin family and I suspect numerous others involved. I bet none of them expected George to have such a competent defense or even that things would go this far.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »
These motions highlight for me the fact that in the USA, the prosecution and not the court holds most of the evidence and the defense has to go begging the prosecution for it.  A poor defendant really has the odds stacked against him.  But as Jeralyn said recently on the main site, "The US Justice System is the greatest in the world".  Sorry, I'll stop now.   ;D

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
These motions highlight for me the fact that in the USA, the prosecution and not the court holds most of the evidence and the defense has to go begging the prosecution for it.  A poor defendant really has the odds stacked against him.  But as Jeralyn said recently on the main site, "The US Justice System is the greatest in the world".  Sorry, I'll stop now.   ;D

Another way to look at it is that the US Justice System is the worst in the world, except for all of the others.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »
How do you know?  Sorry, I promised I would stop before so you don't have to answer.   ;D

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »
But as Jeralyn said recently on the main site, "The US Justice System is the greatest in the world".  Sorry, I'll stop now.   ;D

What I said:

While we have the best criminal justice system in the world, it is not without significant flaws.

If you misrepresent what I write again, your comment will be deleted.

Site Meter
click
tracking