Author Topic: Crump 15 page document:  (Read 9338 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Crump 15 page document:
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Thanks for finding this. Quick work!

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
Thanks for the link, Deb.  I read it and find Crump believable on the matters he addresses.  However it leaves a very important question unanswered:  What was the nature of the interviews the parents and Matt Gutman had with DeeDee, prior to Crump's phone interview?  I found it interesting that the only evidence Crump compiled, prior to the interview, to cast doubt on Zimmerman's self defense claim was NEN call, in particular Zimmerman's explicatives, and Sybrina's identification of the screams.  He does not indicate he did any investigation of Trayvon's character.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »
I haven't finished it yet.

I see Crump states that Dee Dee was not sworn for the interview. That means Crump lied to the media when he claimed the statement was an 'affidavit.'

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »

I see Crump states that Dee Dee was not sworn for the interview. That means Crump lied to the media when he claimed the statement was an 'affidavit.'
also interesting:

"At the time of the interview, i did not know the address of witness 8's residence or her surname."

much has been made of W-8 attending the funeral or the wake... we read now "...had been unable to attend Trayvon's wake because she had to go to the hospital."
which leaves open the possibility of attending the funeral?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:53:17 AM by AghastInFL »

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »

He doesn't mention how he verified she was the actual person that was on the phone with Trayvon, either. Or mention why he said she was 16. Didn't he stress over and over again that she was a 'minor child'?

[I'm assuming for the purpose of this post that there is an actual DD that was on the phone with TM at the start of the confrontation]

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »
which leaves open the possibility of attending the funeral?

I've been thinking that for a while. I mentioned it on CTH. I don't recall if I have here.

In the recording of the Crump interview, only the wake was mentioned.

De la Rionda asked her about the wake and the funeral in the same sentence. Asking two questions at once is bad interviewing. Dee Dee answered without clarifying whether she was talking about both the events or only one of them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:15:15 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
He doesn't mention how he verified she was the actual person that was on the phone with Trayvon, either. Or mention why he said she was 16. Didn't he stress over and over again that she was a 'minor child'?

[I'm assuming for the purpose of this post that there is an actual DD that was on the phone with TM at the start of the confrontation]
He could have got the (mis)information from Tracey and Sybrina.  I suppose if he is really deposed, he can cite attorney/client privilege and refuse to discuss it.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »
In lawyer-speak, Mr. Crump's affadavit confirms what I've said all along: that Matt Gutman has an intelligible recording of the Crump/W8 interview.

"24. While i believe Mr. Gutman and his assistant may also have had a recording device of their own present with them in the room during some or all of the Interview, I have no knowledge as to whether that device was ever successfully used to record any portion of the Interview [5]"

footnote 5:
"I did not provide a copy of the Recording to Mr. Gutman, his assistant or anyone else affiliated with ABC, not did I otherwise make the Recorder available to them so they could make a copy."

Well if Atty. Crump didn't give a copy to Gutman, Gutman's device must have been recording successfully, since ABC played soundbites from the interview as part of several news stories. If Crump has no knowledge of it I guess he must watch Fox news instead of ABC...  :-)

Oh, right, he's an NBC guy... :D

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »
What is the best explanation given so far of why "Witness 8 and her family were fearful of coming forward" to the "authorities"?  Anybody understand why she and her family didn't want her to be interviewed in person by Crump but were willing to do that later with de la Rionda?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:39:38 AM by RickyJim »

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »
What Crump told HLN in December was that originally an interview was arranged between W8 and the authorities, but at the last minute W8's parents said she couldn't do it because of fear she'd be attacked.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
Well if Atty. Crump didn't give a copy to Gutman, Gutman's device must have been recording successfully, since ABC played soundbites from the interview as part of several news stories.
Was it made clear that the ABC sound bites were part of the Crump interview and not of a separate one done by Gutman himself?

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
What is the best explanation given so far of why "Witness 8 and her family were fearful of coming forward" to the "authorities"?  Anybody understand why she and her family didn't want her to be interviewed in person by Crump but were willing to do that later with de la Rionda?

And who cares about her family's alleged concern or consent? She is not a minor.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »
Was it made clear that the ABC sound bites were part of the Crump interview and not of a separate one done by Gutman himself?
I don't know if it was made clear, but IS clear by comparing the sound-bites to Crump's recording. Definitely the same source sounds, but different recording quality.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:11 AM »
It is ridiculous how this affidavit unnecessarily includes detailed facts like the exact model of gun used but it glosses over even the basic facts regarding how witness 8 was discovered.

Crump failing to state that Tracy Martin stumbled upon "DeeDee", as he previously claimed, has me convinced that she was actually discovered by their own private investigator as disclosed by Natalie Jackson.

Site Meter
click
tracking