Author Topic: Crump 15 page document:  (Read 9348 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Crump 15 page document:
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »
Are Jackson and the investigator scheduled for deposition?

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
DiwataMan in October posted links to all the Gutman clips he knew of. Some are from the Crump interview, some from Gutman's independent interviews.

Has anyone ever said how and when Gutman found out about Dee Dee? He said something once about how many times he had interviewed her, that made me think he would have to have known about her before Tracy allegedly did on 3/18.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
Are Jackson and the investigator scheduled for deposition?

Not that I am aware of. I wonder if O'Mara even has knowledge of Jackson's interview statements.

JUAN GONZALEZ: And you’ve had to hire your own investigators because of the terrible job that has been done so far by authorities in ascertaining the facts in this case?

NATALIE JACKSON: Yes. And, you know, I don’t know if it’s a terrible job or just they thought it was inconsequential to do the job. You know, there’s—whether or not it was important to do or it was bungled, we don’t know. But we had to go out and investigate this case. We hired an investigator that got the phone records. And once we saw Trayvon’s phone record, because he was on the—he had his phone with him, and we saw that he was on the phone when this incident purportedly happened. We contacted the person he was on the phone with. It was a young girl. And she told us that she heard Zimmerman approach Trayvon. And this is very extraordinary, because she and Trayvon—according to the phone records, there was a phone call at 7:12. The phone call lasted for four minutes. That would make it 7:16. According to police records, they were on the scene at 7:17, and Trayvon was dead. So, this young girl is a very important witness.
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/30/trayvon_martin_family_attorney_on_mounting
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:13:54 PM by Redbrow »

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:23 PM »
Has anyone ever said how and when Gutman found out about Dee Dee? He said something once about how many times he had interviewed her, that made me think he would have to have known about her before Tracy allegedly did on 3/18.

That's extremely unlikely. Gutman could only have known about her via Atty. Crump, who certainly found about about her from the Martin family. Gutman stated that ABC had no input whatsoever into the Crump interview — that he was allowed only to listen (and record, obviously). It would seem that Crump and DeeDee's family decided they could trust Gutman after seeing the coverage of the Crump interview, and I would guess they contacted him for the subsequent interviews in response to RJ Sr's remarks.

I was actually unaware of the later interview (3/28) linked by DiwataMan. I would guess that if judge Nelson actually does take up the Defense request to compel Gutman to offer his recordings, only his copy of the Crump interview would be forthcoming. The Defense has an argument there, as West presented in his motion, that ABC would have no claim for withholding what they knew to be a statement made by W8 to a lawyer for presentation to the public and potentially in court. Any interview(s) Gutman had with DeeDee directly would be another matter: both the kind of work product that no journalist would surrender, and also questionable in terms of admissibility.

Anybody know why Judge Nelson didn't address the motion re: ABC today, and whether it's still on the table?

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »
Gutman could only have known about her via Atty. Crump, who certainly found about about her from the Martin family.

This is not certain at all. Crump most likely found out about her through the private investigator, just as Jackson stated during the interview I linked to above.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »
Crump most likely found out about her through the private investigator, just as Jackson stated during the interview I linked to above.
And the PI had probably asked Tracy Martin if he had access to Trayvon's phone records. How else was the PI going to get them?

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »
And the PI had probably asked Tracy Martin if he had access to Trayvon's phone records. How else was the PI going to get them?

The PI almost certainly asked the Martin's for all sorts of information including any and all phone records. Then the PI probably sorted through the data, discovered DeeDee and reported it to Crump directly.

Exactly when was the PI hired and when did he first discover DeeDee and tell Crump?

These questions are not answered in this pathetic document and need to be answered by direct questioning during a deposition.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:51:36 PM by Redbrow »

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »
The police asked Tracy for access to the phone in early March and Tracy responded with needing to talk to his lawyer first.  Assuming Tracy did indeed ask Crump, is it reasonable to think that no one in Crump camp figured out that they could look at the phone records until Tracy supposedly looked at a bill about 2 weeks later?

I find it way too coincidental that W8 was "found" shortly after the NEN and 911 calls were released to the public.  Its possible Radar Online had their facts wrong (combining that she learned after the wake and that Crump contacted her), but this is what they reported last March. 

“The day after his wake, Trayvon’s family attorney, Benjamin Crump, who had been conducting his own extensive investigation because cops had determined the shooting was in self defense, told Trayvon’s girlfriend she was the last person to talk to him,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »
Thanks for the link, Deb.  I read it and find Crump believable on the matters he addresses.

I don't find it very believable that the first time Crump interviewed W8 about what happened, he did so with an ABC reporter present.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 02:40:55 PM »
I don't find it very believable that the first time Crump interviewed W8 about what happened, he did so with an ABC reporter present.

I've said this before: I can't imagine Crump interviewing DD in front of the media w/o knowing what she was going to say or some guarantee the media wouldn't spill the beans if she said something not to his and his client's advantage. I don't think any lawyer would take such a risk. He may not have vetted her himself, but someone did and briefed him thoroughly. IMO.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »

My mistake.

It was on March 28 that Gutman said 'We`ve been talking to her for days now.' Somehow I thought that interview was earlier.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »
[Crump] may not have vetted her himself, but someone did and briefed him thoroughly. IMO.

I would guess Sybrina Fulton had a nice little chat with DeeDee before she spoke to Atty. Crump, and Sybrina gave Crump the 411. I take your point FB, about Crump not allowing ABC in the room unless he knew what DeeDee was going to say. My own hypothesis is that DeeDee's story is rehearsed and calculated to a certain extent, but that it's shaping was done by W8 herself and Ms. Fulton, not anyone with legal expertise.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
He may not have vetted her himself, but someone did and briefed him thoroughly. IMO.

An excellent point. Notice how vague he is, "he learned for the first time" of her existence. If Tracy had, as the story went, looked at the phone records and noticed DeeDee's calls, why be so coy?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »
I would guess Sybrina Fulton had a nice little chat with DeeDee before she spoke to Atty. Crump, and Sybrina gave Crump the 411. I take your point FB, about Crump not allowing ABC in the room unless he knew what DeeDee was going to say. My own hypothesis is that DeeDee's story is rehearsed and calculated to a certain extent, but that it's shaping was done by W8 herself and Ms. Fulton, not anyone with legal expertise.

Fulton talked to W8 on the phone and in person "some time in March," according to Fulton's interview on page 37 of the 284 page PDF. That certainly sounds like it was prior to the Crump interview, so when was it? She also found out about DeeDee by "learning" she was the last to talk to Martin.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »
Fulton talked to W8 on the phone and in person "some time in March," according to Fulton's interview on page 37 of the 284 page PDF. That certainly sounds like it was prior to the Crump interview, so when was it?

If it happened after Tracy allegedly discovered Dee Dee in Trayvon's phone records, it would have to have been on 3/18 or 3/19.

She also found out about DeeDee by "learning" she was the last to talk to Martin.

That would be consistent with Tracy telling her what he found in the phone records.

Site Meter
click
tracking