Author Topic: Crump 15 page document:  (Read 9374 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Crump 15 page document:
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »
If it happened after Tracy allegedly discovered Dee Dee in Trayvon's phone records, it would have to have been on 3/18 or 3/19.

That would be consistent with Tracy telling her what he found in the phone records.

Yeah, if it happened as alleged. Big "if" there.

It would be consistent with Tracy telling her what he found in the phone records. It would also be consistent with many other possibilities.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »
Ronquavis mentioned meeting her at the funeral (I assume he meant wake since Dee Dee says she didn't go to the funeral the next day).  He didn't really talk to her, but was introduced.  Wonder who introduced him and how?

Dee Dee told Crump she missed the wake. He didn't ask her about the funeral.

De la Rionda asked Dee Dee about the wake and the funeral in the same sentence. She answered that she didn't go, but she didn't make clear if she meant both events.

De la Rionda wasn't trying to establish a post-shooting timeline for Dee Dee. He seemed to want to get in the record that Dee Dee was so upset about her friend's death that she was hospitalized. He didn't seem to care if she missed the funeral, the wake, or both, as long as she missed something.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
IF IT WERE MY KID, the first chance I got I would be on my computer and into my TMOBILE account just to see what they might be looking for.  I would pour over every item listed on the date my child was shot.  2/26/12.  And the next thing I would do is print it out and give it to my attorney.

I certainly wouldn't wait for over two weeks to do it.

Frankly, I find your post disturbingly insensitive. I don't think any of us know how we would react if our child was shot dead, and none of us are in the position to judge the reactions of anyone who experiences such a tragedy.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Frankly, I find your post disturbingly insensitive. I don't think any of us know how we would react if our child was shot dead, and none of us are in the position to judge the reactions of anyone who experiences such a tragedy.

Well, I do know how it felt when my cousin was murdered if that counts for anything.  Unlike this case, that one threatened to quickly go cold so perhaps I still have some of that residual feeling left over. 

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »
Comments deleted with false information about Florida's indigency statute and reposting material from an overly biased source. Whonoze, do not bring that stuff here anymore. I will not have these threads filled with false information. There is no indication GZ's lawyers are withdrawing, and they can ask GZ be declared indigent to have the state pay expenses while continuing as private counsel. The problem with doing so, as O'Mara explains here, is that the costs are quite limited and it would do nothing to assist GZ with his living expenses.

Replies repeating Whonoze's comment and requoting the source have also been deleted.

Discuss what you read on anti-defense sites elsewhere please and do not spread unfounded speculation here.

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
Well, I do know how it felt when my cousin was murdered if that counts for anything.  Unlike this case, that one threatened to quickly go cold so perhaps I still have some of that residual feeling left over.

I am sorry for your loss. As such, I can see your comment of 'If it was my kid" as valid in that context. But I know from personal experience that different people deal with extreme grief in different ways, and I would be loathe to judge anyone on their surface behavior in the wake of personal tragedy.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »
TY, Whonose.

Back on topic, I started rereading some of the threads that Jeralyn did (refresher course from Diwata)

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/10/23/195459/60

GUTMAN: I think she`s credible. I don`t think she has anything to hide here. We`ve been talking to her for days now. This is not the first time that I`ve heard her speak. I have no reason to believe that she`s lying.

Obviously, you know, at some point, this may or may not go to court, and she could be subpoenaed. But at the very least I think that it`s obvious since her number is in the phone record, which is how we got to her, that the police should have talked to her, at least interviewed her. But they never have.

On page 9, Sec J, Crump tells W8 that there are two members of the media that wanted to be present during the interview.

So did Gutman sleuth her first then go to Crump with the info so that he could get their side on record for ABC?  It isn't unheard of as a media tactic.  Tell either Crump or Julison that they are going to run a story and would prefer they represent their side as an accompanying narrative.  If Crump truly did not know what W8 was going to say or especially if he did, he might agree to those terms.  All he would have to do is convince W8 to agree.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »
I think the two members of the media are Guttman and his producer/assistant.
I think Crump showed him the records, and gave him a copy, which is how he got the number and called her on his own after the 3/19 interview.

I'm going to start a new  thread on the chronology of the discovery of Witness 8 and her phone records.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:15 PM »
I think the two members of the media are Guttman and his producer/assistant.
I think Crump showed him the records, and gave him a copy, which is how he got the number and called her on his own after the 3/19 interview.

I'm going to start a new  thread on the chronology of the discovery of Witness 8 and her phone records.

That is Seni Tienabeso.  He already said that he was there.

I can hardly wait for you to make sense of this!

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
Yes, it was Seni. Thanks for supplying the name.

The new thread with chronology is here.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »
Dee Dee told Crump she missed the wake. He didn't ask her about the funeral.

Good point.  Its possible she couldn't go to the wake and Ronquavis met her the next day at  the funeral.  The point about someone identifying W8 being present at one of those events in early March remains the same.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »
Can defense subpoena hospital records to establish when-- or whether-- W8 actually did go to the hospital?

I know it sounds petty, but couldn't it go to impeachment?  Wasn't she under oath when she was speaking to BdlR, even if not to BC?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Can defense subpoena hospital records to establish when-- or whether-- W8 actually did go to the hospital?

I know it sounds petty, but couldn't it go to impeachment?  Wasn't she under oath when she was speaking to BdlR, even if not to BC?

De la Rionda took her oath. It's on the recording.

The prosecution could offer the hospitalization as evidence that Trayvon and Dee Dee were close friends. I think that would be grounds for the defense to subpoena the records.

I'm not sure about impeachment alone. If the prosecution doesn't ask her about the hospitalization, and the defense does, could the prosecution object that it's irrelevant, and get the whole matter excluded from the trial?

Offline whonoze

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »
If the prosecution doesn't ask her about the hospitalization, and the defense does, could the prosecution object that it's irrelevant, and get the whole matter excluded from the trial?
IANAL, but I'm under the impression witnesses can't be cross-examined about issues not raised in their direct testimony.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
IANAL, but I'm under the impression witnesses can't be cross-examined about issues not raised in their direct testimony.

Good point.

Site Meter
click
tracking