Author Topic: Robert Zimmerman, Jr on Bill Maher  (Read 2726 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Robert Zimmerman, Jr on Bill Maher
« on: February 16, 2013, 06:40:23 AM »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Robert Zimmerman, Jr on Bill Maher
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »
Feb. 15, 2013

Well, that was a surprise.  I thought BM would have a feast at his expense.  Maher was almost reasonable.  And I am glad that RZJr got a chance to explain the difference between SYG and Self-Defense.  That is something that cannot be pressed enough.  The "SYG" catch phrase garners a lot of heat.  This is a Self-Defense case.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Robert Jr. is very smart. I listened to him on a radio show linked from TCH, taking calls. He handled everything they threw at him, well prepared and good on his feet. The host kept running interference for him, but I didn't feel he needed it.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
Good interview. At the end, Maher tells RZ he is a good spokesman and has a future in the industry. I agree.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »

Maher said 'the media is bullsh*t', but he didn't mention his own role in promoting the myth of Zimmerman uninjured.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
Maher said 'the media is bullsh*t', but he didn't mention his own role in promoting the myth of Zimmerman uninjured.
You want that, too?   ;)

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »
 ;D  ;D

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
And Jonathan Capehart takes issue with Robert Zimmerman as to whether this is an SYG case.  One good thing about Jonathan's blog is that there always are plenty of replies to his posts pointing out how wrong he is.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »
And Jonathan Capehart takes issue with Robert Zimmerman as to whether this is an SYG case.  One good thing about Jonathan's blog is that there always are plenty of replies to his posts pointing out how wrong he is.

I took issue with J Capehart.
A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force

He dances with 776.013 and 776.041 but purposely left out 776.012 which includes that there is no duty to retreat.  I felt that if he had included .012 it would negate his whole argument that "RZJr didn't know  what he was talking about."  Robert Z was right, he brought it up on Maher correctly thus the whole article is a load.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
GZLegal has posted a response to three of Capehart's columns, including the one attacking Robert Jr.

Since Mr. Capehart is ascribing a position on "Stand Your Ground" to Mr. O'Mara, lets be clear: the Zimmerman defense team is not presenting a "Stand Your Ground" defense.

Site Meter
click
tracking