Author Topic: Norman Wolfinger, State Attorney for Florida's 18th Judicial Circuit  (Read 4094 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Responding to post on another thread.

Wolfinger's reasons why he ran:
http://www.sa18.state.fl.us/press/id/314

What he said a couple of days before:
http://www.sa18.state.fl.us/press/id/313

What he said a few days before that:
“At this time, I do not know exactly where the facts will lead, or what further investigative measures will be needed. But I do feel it would be appropriate to ask for the assistance of an FDLE investigator to collaborate with my office.”
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/family-slain-teen-hold-press-conference/nLTxw/

What he was dealing with:
"The computer systems at the Seminole County and Brevard County State Attorney's Offices, where Norm Wolfinger is lead prosecutor, were shut down on Thursday morning due to the overwhelming amount of emails by angry people demanding justice for Martin.

Officials said more than 100,000 emails put too much pressure on the server.

Supporters want Wolfinger to charge Zimmerman, the neighborhood vigilante, for the boy's killing."
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/state-attorneys-offices-overwhelmed-emails-demandi/nLTdJ/

and:

"I am outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter by Benjamin Crump to Deputy Assistant Attorney General Roy Austin dated April 2, 2012. I encourage the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred. I have been encouraging those spreading the irresponsible rhetoric to stop and allow State Attorney Angela Corey to complete her work. Another falsehood distributed to the media does nothing to forward that process."
http://www.sa18.state.fl.us/press/id/315

There's a lot I could say about Wolfinger but I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks for this.

I was recently discussing Wolfinger's letter to the governor on another forum. I was focused on 'avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest', and I completely overlooked that Wolfinger gave another, parallel reason in the same sentence. 'In the interest of the public safety of the citizens of Seminole County . . .'

That's close to saying outright that he was worried about civil disorder if he didn't step aside.

Maybe Governor Scott and Attorney General Bondi asked him to say that. I don't know of any evidence that Wolfinger was considering stepping aside until they 'reached out'.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Norman Wolfinger, State Attorney for Florida's 18th Judicial Circuit
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »

"I don't know of any evidence that Wolfinger was considering stepping aside until they 'reached out'."

You know the old saying about dealing with a mule by treating them with kindness, but first you hit 'em over the head with a 2 by 4 to get their attention?

I have a feeling about how they went about getting Wolfinger's attention.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »
I have a feeling about how they went about getting Wolfinger's attention.

I don't think there is any mystery there. They would have told him that if he didn't give up the case it would be taken from him, and his name dragged through the mud in the process. They gave him the chance to save face, and spare everyone that little side show. It also saved Scott from giving his opponents an opportunity to accuse him of being high-handed, without keeping him from doing some thinly veiled bragging for the part of his constituency that wanted Wolfinger out.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »
I would like to know if he can be deposed.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »
I would like to know if he can be deposed.
For which case?  If he can be deposed, what should he be asked?

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:08:22 PM »
If you remember the polling, African Americans have been very interested in this case, and I'm pretty sure that less than a majority of whites cared. I'm in FL, and I'm sure that both Ds and Rs wanted the protests to stop as soon as possible.   

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:50:46 AM »
If you remember the polling, African Americans have been very interested in this case, and I'm pretty sure that less than a majority of whites cared. I'm in FL, and I'm sure that both Ds and Rs wanted the protests to stop as soon as possible.

Is that Ds and Rs as in Disney and other Resorts?

;D

Site Meter
click
tracking