State v. George Zimmerman (Pre-Trial) > Media Coverage and Bias

Jack Cahill Working on Book About the Case

(1/14) > >>

RickyJim:
The title is set to be: “If I Had A Son: Race, Guns, and the Railroading of George Zimmerman.”

From his website and previous books, I think his point of view is very similar to that of the CTH.

nomatter_nevermind:
Coincidentally, I just read a recent post by Cashill.

--- Quote ---The major media, as is their custom with contrary facts, chose not to look in places they might find them.
--- End quote ---

Then he cheerfully disregards any facts inconvenient for Zimmerman, such as W-6 recanting his 'MMA' statement. 

Cashill is a hack, not worth attention in my opinion.

RickyJim:
I agree about Cahill.  An objective author would also discuss how Zimmerman's statements to investigators and TV hosts complicate his defense.

Philly:

--- Quote from: nomatter_nevermind on March 11, 2013, 06:45:25 AM ---Coincidentally, I just read a recent post by Cashill.

Then he cheerfully disregards any facts inconvenient for Zimmerman, such as W-6 recanting his 'MMA' statement. 

--- End quote ---

From W-6's follow-up interview:
"in my first statement that I made, I did say that he was hitting him from on top, um, because that's what it looked like. I mean he could have still been hitting him, or he could have been trying to hold him down, you know."

I think it's a bit stretch to throw the loaded word "recanted" at his testimony.  John changed from saying TM was punching GZ to saying it looked like TM was hitting GZ.  To me, that's a clarification/reduction in confidence, not a denial.

nomatter_nevermind:

--- Quote from: Philly on March 11, 2013, 09:53:05 AM ---I think it's a bit stretch to throw the loaded word "recanted" at his testimony. 

--- End quote ---

It's not a loaded word. It's an accurate description.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version