Author Topic: Jack Cahill Working on Book About the Case  (Read 13542 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Jack Cahill Working on Book About the Case
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
The caller on the call that captured the screams said the screams happened before she called 911.

W-11, SPD, 3/2, 1:07-23
W-11: While I was calling, the scuffling kinda turned to like a, one man was yelling, kinda like a "heah, heah," not a "help" yell, but just yelling. And so, then those yells kinda turned to "help, help, help." And at that point I was already on the phone with nine one one.

W-20, SPD, 3/2, 2:13-23
W-20: [W-11] was already on the phone with the cops, right from the get-go, when we kinda started hearing the, before the "help"s, it was kind of [unintelligible] "ha, ha". She was already trying to call the cops.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
The Orlando Sentinel was covering the story by 2/29/12, and Fox 35 Orlando had reported on it even earlier:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-02-29/news/os-fatal-shooting-sanford-townhomes-20120226_1_gated-community-death-sunday-night-shot

There's a box in the article that has a link that no longer works (at least there is on my computer); it appears to have had a photo sourced from Facebook, captioned "Trayvon Martin, 17, was shot to death in Sanford Sunday, February 26, 2012, police say."

Thanks.

I don't see the box or the link.

There's a thread on the earliest reports.

Actually, the very first report happened that night, Feb 26, as a breaking news story. It was at 7PM. (less than 45 minutes after the shooting.)

[Snip]

Looks like they scrubbed it as well.

In the next post Who007 corrected the time to 8PM.

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2013, 03:06:28 PM »
Thanks.

I don't see the box or the link.

There's a thread on the earliest reports.

In the next post Who007 corrected the time to 8PM.

Thanks for remembering me. :)

Yes, I watched that First Report several times, and yes, it was scrapped.

I saw just now people were looking for it, so I went to the Way Back Machine, and was able to get a screen shot using that url.   

Here it is:

Published Feb. 26, 8:03PM
Updated 10:44PM

[Edited by TalkLeft, picture was too big for space. Please preview before posting. ]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:51:18 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
W-11, SPD, 3/2, 1:07-23
W-20, SPD, 3/2, 2:13-23

Compare and contrast that with her written statement the night of the shooting (p 84 for her, 103 for him).  Her statement was brief, but was very specific that they heard a verbal exchange and scuffling then yelling for help before calling 911.  Given his interpretation that they thought it was just kids messing around until they heard the distress in the voice, it makes much more sense that they didn't call 911 until the screams raised the seriousness of the issue with them.  You are welcome to believe they called 911 before any distressed screams occurred.  I do not.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »
Compare and contrast that with her written statement the night of the shooting (p 84 for her, 103 for him).  Her statement was brief, but was very specific that they heard a verbal exchange and scuffling then yelling for help before calling 911. 

You are misrepresenting her statement by making up the word 'then'.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
You are misrepresenting her statement by making up the word 'then'.

And? 

Or are you just bing NMNM again?   :o :D

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »
And? 

And W-11's 2/26 written statement is not at all specific, let alone 'very specific', about the temporal relationship between what she heard and her 911 call. Hence, it does not contradict her 3/2 SPD interview on this point.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
And W-11's 2/26 written statement is not at all specific, let alone 'very specific', about the temporal relationship between what she heard and her 911 call. Hence, it does not contradict her 3/2 SPD interview on this point.

Its somewhat specific.  Heard scuffling and yelling (no specific order of which these were heard).  Man STARTED yelling help, period end of sentence.  ["then" added due to period break indicating new thought or action]. We called 911.  Believe what you like, but no need to misrepresent he written statement.

Site Meter
click
tracking