Author Topic: Tracy Martin, Trayvon Martin's Father  (Read 6240 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Tracy Martin, Trayvon Martin's Father
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:20:57 AM »
Responding to post on another thread.

Early on, Tracy Martin mentioned that Serino told him there were words exchanged at the truck also. I've never been able to understand what that was all about, as clearly nothing of the sort took place on the NEN call besides that single foreign voice/sound that could be numerous things.

It was a classic game of telephone, a reporter's version of Tracy's version of Serino's version of Zimmerman's version. I'm surprised there was only one error.

It was published 4/3/12, the day after W-8's SAO interview, in the famous Reuters article 'Trayvon Martin: Before the World Heard the Cries', a retrospective on the case from the Crump/Julison perspective. I don't know if it was published earlier than that, or by anyone but Reuters. I would think Reuters got an exclusive, as a reward for their services.

On Wednesday, [sic] the day after receiving the news, Martin went to the Sanford Police Department . . . Serino then took Martin to another room and told him Zimmerman’s version of events.

Serino has never spoken publicly about his role in it, but here is how Martin recalls what Serino said: “He told me Zimmerman’s story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, ‘Why are your following me?’ Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon ‘I’m not following you.’ He rolls his car windows up.

“Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What’s your problem, homes?’ Zimmerman says ‘I don’t have a problem.’

“Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman’s mouth and tells him to shut the F up and continues to pound on him.

“At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, ‘You got me.’”

The day after Tracy Martin learned of his son's death was a Tuesday, 2/28.

Tracy did meet with Serino at the police station on 2/28, according to the reports of Serino (40/184) and Ciesla (20/184).

I don't know when Reuters interviewed Tracy. If it was almost a month after he was briefed by Serino, that's another reason not to be surprised if he got something wrong.

Tracy's account of what was said before things got physical is similar to those of Zimmerman, particularly the first one.

2/26-1, 13:22-42 
Zimmerman: So I was walking back through to where my car was. And he jumped out from the bushes. And he said "What the f*'s your problem, homie?" And I got my cell phone out, to call 911 this time. And I said "Hey man, I don't have a problem." And he goes "No, now you have a problem." And he punched me in the nose.

Audio

Tracy's account of the exchange at the car, most resembles Dee Dee's in the long ABC clip.

3:13-35
He say he walking faster, but the man walking faster. And then, I [unintelligible], I come and hear, and Trayvon come and say, "Why you following me for?" And this man, the man, he come and say, "What are you talking about?" And then like, next I hear, and then, just, somebody just like pushed Trayvon, [unintelligible] pushed Trayvon, on the ground, because, Trayvon had a headset, [unintelligible].

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Tracy Martin, Trayvon Martin's Father
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:18 AM »
Tracy Martin's 2/28 briefing was a day before Zimmerman's last SPD interview. If Zimmerman had told Serino, or another investigator who passed it on to him, about a conversation while he was in the truck, it's odd that he wasn't asked about it in that final interview.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:30:36 PM »
Serino has never spoken publicly about his role in it, but here is how Martin recalls what Serino said: “He told me Zimmerman’s story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, ‘Why are your following me?’ Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon ‘I’m not following you.’ He rolls his car windows up.

That certainly brings to mind W8's initial version: "Why are you following me for?" "What are you talking about?" I find it improbable that the reporter added the dual encounter. I think that was likely included in Tracy's version.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
Oops, I see nomatter_nevermind  already pointed out the resemblance to W8's version. That will teach me for replying in a hurry.

Site Meter
click
tracking