Author Topic: Robert Zimmerman, Jr. Slips  (Read 4542 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Robert Zimmerman, Jr. Slips
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »
After doing a good job on Bill Maher's program, I think Robert made a poor judgment in his use of Twitter.
I think he should stick to the evidence and avoid the social commentary via analogy.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Robert Zimmerman, Jr. Slips
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »
Poor judgement is putting it mildly.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:25:40 PM »
Is the picture on the right supposed to be of Trayvon Martin? I haven't seen it before.

This is the sort of thing I'd expect to see at CTH. Is that how Jr. has always felt, or the influence of new friends?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
I think the Zimmerman family has felt at least as early as the APC was issued that this case was less about the law and more about something else (skipping grand jury was probably their first indication).  Are they justified in that thinking?  I dunno, but I can understand the position given how the case was portrayed in the media early on (big white man killing black child and inept/racist police department letting him go, SYG law the bane of everything evil, etc.).

I agree that RZ should stick with publicizing the facts surrounding the legal case until that part is decided.  Whatever else he believes may be occurring is mostly irrelevant until that is resolved and bringing forth motives for GZ's prosecution now doesn't help their cause unless there is a smoking gun of sorts.  I would guess he knows more about the prosecution's case and the position the defense is in more than anyone here, but from a pure publicity stand point, I don't think these twitter comments are a good move.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
I think the Zimmerman family has felt at least as early as the APC was issued that this case was less about the law and more about something else 

I don't see what that has to do with the topic of the thread.

I looked at some of Jr.'s subsequent tweets. He's doubling down, and using the 'two wrongs make a right' defense. The media were nasty and unfair to his brother, so he feels free to do likewise.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
I think RZ may have been trying to make a point about attitude and cultural influences as well as MSM bias in reporting. He really screwed it up. Twitter really isn't the place to properly communicate things that complex.

As far as GZ's fate in court is concerned I don't think this really matters. I can't imagine the state trying to bring in evidence of RZ's attitudes/beliefs and trying to suggest GZ shares them. If they can and do, I'd think the defense could do the same with TM's family and/or friends (IANAL). Remember, the defense got the FDLE bios and has deposed members of TM's family. I also don't think it's likely to influence potential jurors since the MSM isn't likely to make this a national story.

EDIT: IMO what little attention this is getting is more about a small group of people pouncing on RZ's every word and action in order to find things to try and continue to demonize GZ and his entire family. They hate that RZ interviews well and want to shut him up. Just read through some of the tweets sent to @GZlegalCase about @rzimmermanjr.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%40GZlegalcase%20AND%20%40rzimmermanjr&src=typd
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:14:17 PM by FromBelow »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
They hate that RZ interviews well and want to shut him up
I'm guessing O'Mara wants to shut him up.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »
Ok, maybe that link didn't clearly show what I mean. Anyways, those that actively monitor twitter probably know what I mean.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
Old news.

You must have missed the dateline - 3:27 PM - 13 Mar 13

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »
Anyways, those that actively monitor twitter probably know what I mean.

I know what you are talking about. I've seen it discussed on other sites.

You must have missed the dateline

Repetition isn't novelty. You're being silly.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
I know what you are talking about. I've seen it discussed on other sites.

Repetition isn't novelty. You're being silly.

So is this not the first time Crump tweeted those pictures side by side?

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »
So is this not the first time Crump tweeted those pictures side by side?

Typo or trolling. I can't decide.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
I don't see what that has to do with the topic of the thread.

I looked at some of Jr.'s subsequent tweets. He's doubling down, and using the 'two wrongs make a right' defense. The media were nasty and unfair to his brother, so he feels free to do likewise.

You asked the question about how long RZ (and in essence the family since he seems to be the public spokesperson for them) may have felt this way.  Given the content of the linked tweets (much having to do with the media handling of the case and the racial component they injected), I took that to mean you were questioning how long they felt the media had influence over the case against their son.  Its clear from the tweets that the primary target of his angst is the media for buying the narrative fed by them that portrayed GZ as a racist.

While I disagree with the way he ha gone about it here, I do think the question of how the media got their narrative and ran with it and holding them accountable for its inaccuracies is a valid pursuit.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »
I took that to mean you were questioning how long they felt the media had influence over the case against their son. 

Seriously? You actually thought that was what I meant?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 01:28:17 AM »
This thread has nothing to do with the legal case and is leading to character attacks. I'm closing it.

Site Meter
click
tracking