Author Topic: Court cancels April 2 hearing  (Read 3349 times)

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Court canceled April 2 hearing without consulting with Defense
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
So Nelson apparently thought there wouldn't be any need for a hearing during an entire month considering her tight schedule? Does she just want to jump to the trial and ignore any of the defense's motions and ignore that the defense has both a right to discovery and prepare for the trial? It really does seem that way.

Obviously I can't be inside her head, but given her behavior and rulings, I would not be surprised if she is thinking along those lines.  Not ignoring defense motions, but just anticipating that all of the discovery issues have been completely disposed of.  She's allowed a 30 day or so window before the trial for the usual rounds of pretrial motions.

I can see her, with that general mindset, asking first about the immunity hearing, and hearing that defense has no intention of a pretrial immunity hearing, asking what is to her a separate question, about the entire month of April.

Assuming that to be the case, I am pretty sure she is miffed that O'Mara is now claiming he wasn't consulted.  In her mind, she asked him if he had a need for any hearings in April, and he said he didn't.  Miffed or not, she has a motion in front of here that is on a discovery issue, that of deposing Crump.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
I just hope O'Mara doesn't lose his most favored status over a trivial matter like this.

Heheh.  Most favored compared with West maybe.  I think she is more often annoyed by the defense, than she is by the prosecution.  In the end, the only skin she is looking out for is her own.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »
Heheh.  Most favored compared with West maybe.  I think she is more often annoyed by the defense, than she is by the prosecution.  In the end, the only skin she is looking out for is her own.

You noticed the sarcasm. Good. :)

Site Meter
click
tracking