Author Topic: Witness 8 Letter Dated 3/19/12  (Read 24117 times)

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness 8 Letter Dated 3/19/12
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2013, 07:04:00 AM »
Thats a lot of questions that I'm not sure we have any answers to.   I guess I would come back to who wrote the letter.  W8 says a "friend" whose last name she doesn't know wrote the letter, but did she say she provided the exact verbiage in the letter and the friend just copied it down because she had better hand writing?   Has she provided any contact information so the defense can depose the friend?  Has W8 said when the letter was written (is it different than the date written on the letter)?  It looks to me from the content that it would have been written with someone providing specific direction, maybe not necessarily giving her the words, but maybe after hearing all she had to say, she was directed to write up something hitting on a few specific points.  The letter doesn't read like either of the interviews when she was given free range.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2013, 07:13:16 AM »

Summary of Sybrina Fulton's SAO interview, 4/2/12, 37/284.

Sometime in March 2012, Fulton talked with [redacted] on the phone after learning she was the last person to talk with the Victim. Fulton talked with [redacted] mother and told the mother that [redacted] needed to talk with the police. [Redacted] mother wanted [redacted] identity kept private. [Redacted] agreed to come to Fulton's apartment. [Redacted] arrive with another unknown black female and may have been dropped off by someone. Fulton and [redacted] went outside to talk. [Redacted] didn't talk about what the Victim had said. She was emotional and said she had gone to the hospital the night of the Victim's viewing. After talking with [redacted] Fulton took her home.

The description of the conversation doesn't make much sense if it happened after the 3/19 interview. Sybrina was with Crump, and would have already heard about the imaginary hospital visit and about 'what the Victim had said'.

Crump indicated that both Sybrina and Tracy spoke to W-8 before the 3/19 interview.

ABC, 3:49-4:08
Crump: OK. I'ma, I'ma hold for a second. I just want to ask the part about the [unintelligible], when you say you heard the other person, [unintelligible], you know, like you told Mr. Tracy and Miss Sybrina there, when you say he loud, it was like, "What you doing in here," and stuff, and [crosstalk].

In her deposition, W-8 reportedly said that she lied about the hospital because of Sybrina. To me this suggests that she made up the story for Sybrina, telling it to Sybrina before anyone else. That would also mean that she spoke to Sybrina before the 3/19 interview.

Defendant's Motion for Sanctions Against State Attorney's Office for Discovery Violations, 11/8/12, p. 4

I have wondered if the 'unknown black female' was also the 'friend' who assisted with writing the letter. I also wonder if 'outside' of 'Fulton's apartment', there is a patio table where the letter may have been written.

The 3/18 date for the initial contact with W-8 is not confirmed anywhere in the discovery that I am aware of. As far as I know, it is supported only by some public statements of Crump. He has made some other statements about W-8 that have been found inaccurate.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
Has she ["friend" of Witness 8] provided any contact information so the defense can depose the friend?  Has W8 said when the letter was written (is it different than the date written on the letter)?

I think West said that defense knows who this person is.  I don't recall if he said this "friend" had been deposed, yet, but if the defense knows who the person is, it's a slam dunk sure bet that the defense either has or will depose her.

Offline Departure

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
I think West said that defense knows who this person is.  I don't recall if he said this "friend" had been deposed, yet, but if the defense knows who the person is, it's a slam dunk sure bet that the defense either has or will depose her.

Hopefully they can get a handwriting analysis done on her too to confirm she's the one who wrote the letter.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
Hopefully they can get a handwriting analysis done on her too to confirm she's the one who wrote the letter.
Since "someone else wrote this out for me" is such a convenient cover for why the note has Trayvon's name misspelled twice, and since there's no apparent reason (and none offered) why DeeDee would need help with this note, and since DeeDee claims she doesn't know this "friend's" last name-- even though she knows her well enough to get her involved in all of this-- I hope the "friend's" handwriting will be analysed, in addition to a deposition of her.

I wonder: was the no-last-name "friend" supposedly a friend of Trayvon's as well? And could she have been 16 years old at the time?

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
Since "someone else wrote this out for me" is such a convenient cover for why the note has Trayvon's name misspelled twice

Did W-8 say it was the friend who physically wrote the note?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »
Did W-8 say it was the friend who physically wrote the note?

The only thing we, the public, have heard is that the friend "assisted." However, if you want to place a bet, I'll be more than happy to take the friend-physically-wrote-it side.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »
The only thing we, the public, have heard is that the friend "assisted." However, if you want to place a bet, I'll be more than happy to take the friend-physically-wrote-it side.

Thanks for clarifying.  When I read the statements, I immediately made the assumption that it was the friend that physically wrote out the letter.  Maybe I just put it with the fact that Trayvon's name was misspelled that led me to believe it was someone else who wrote it up.  Looking at the actual statement, I guess there is wiggle room, but I'd take a bet  that someone other than W8 physically wrote the letter.

One thing that is odd about the letter is that all the words are written in cursive except for the date at the top.  The writing appears to be of  similar structure on the date so I don't necessarily believe it was written on there by a different person, but it just seems odd that its the only printed word on the page.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »
One thing that is odd about the letter is that all the words are written in cursive except for the date at the top.  The writing appears to be of  similar structure on the date so I don't necessarily believe it was written on there by a different person, but it just seems odd that its the only printed word on the page.

Like maybe it was added later?

Site Meter
click
tracking