Author Topic: Witness #8, Thread II  (Read 10802 times)

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
Re: Witness #8, Thread II
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »
Can you even send a text from a cell phone if you're in the middle of a voice conversation on it?

If your phone can multitask, yes. I probably do this three or four times a week - a customer or salesman calls me with an add-on order or a short, I text it to the warehouse to load as I'm talking. It always diffuses the situation when the call is ending to tell the customer I already have the order in the system.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 08:26:46 PM »
If your phone can multitask, yes. I probably do this three or four times a week - a customer or salesman calls me with an add-on order or a short, I text it to the warehouse to load as I'm talking. It always diffuses the situation when the call is ending to tell the customer I already have the order in the system.

And you don't have to put them on hold to do it?  Entering the characters doesn't make them wonder what that beeping sound is?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »

Cylinder has a great point though.  The evidence would have W8 on a voice call, and texting the person she is in voice contact with.  At least that's how I interpret the description.  Assuming the forensic evidence presents this pattern, it's the sort of thing I'd want to ask W8 about.  We don't know the contents of that 7:08 text, but from his court filings, he said that W8 indicated there were texts in addition to the ones he showed to her.  So, O'Mara had some list of texts when he deposed W8.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 08:55:34 PM »
Ok, I'll leave the comments as is.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
And you don't have to put them on hold to do it?  Entering the characters doesn't make them wonder what that beeping sound is?

Nope. Connect the call. Activate speakerphone. Open the menu screen. Open SMS app. Compose, send, read, whatever. Reopen phone app that was running in background. Or don't since your call is still connected and you can hear and speak.  It would demonstrate poor work ethic, for instance, if one was reading TalkLeft in a browser window while participating in a conference call. Probably against some company policy. As such, I plausibly deny ever having done it.

If you have your keypad sound set it will make a noise. I turn mine off for a reason that may or may not exist in the above paragraph.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:12:15 PM by Cylinder »

Site Meter
click
tracking