Author Topic: Writ of Certiorari (Crump Deposition)  (Read 45768 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Writ of Certiorari (Crump Deposition)
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2013, 12:15:18 AM »
I don't see why he should be allowed to.  Everything being addressed is between the State and Zimmerman.  His  "proposed respondent" is horse hockey in my books.  He wanted to meddle in a criminal case.  He brought forth the witness that was to "blow the lid off and connect all the dots."  She has since been semi-discredited, so now he needed her for a civil case?

Seriously?

Since Crump's motion to respond was unopposed, I think the DCA will probably allow it, though I'd like to see them deny it. I think they should, too. It should be up to the state, not Crump, to argue that the petition should be dismissed because post-judgement relief is available, and Crump's work-product arguments are already part of the trial court record.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »
I'm surprised the DCA hasn't yet issued an order, one way or the other, on Crump's proposed response. They've had almost a week, and currently the reply deadline is Monday.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:15 AM »
I'm surprised the DCA hasn't yet issued an order, one way or the other, on Crump's proposed response. They've had almost a week, and currently the reply deadline is Monday.

They might be "squeezing" petitioner to make a response by the original deadline, at the same time allowing a separate and 10 day later response (to Crump) should they grant Crump's motion to be heard.  The DCA hasn't ruled on O'Mara's motion for an extension, so he best be acting as though none is granted.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »
I have no idea how you keep up with all this.  It's confusing sometimes and well above my pay grade!

;)

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »
I glanced through and didn't see if you all had this link here so here it is:

http://www.5dca.org/pub_info.shtml

Don't see O'Mara's doc asking for more time though. Maybe they'll post it on there next week sometime.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2013, 05:33:50 PM »

Thanks, DiwataMan. I don't recall seeing that website before. I wish the document websites would try harder to keep current.

Offline lin

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »

http://www.5dca.org/pub_info.shtml

Don't see O'Mara's doc asking for more time though. Maybe they'll post it on there next week sometime.

The motion for an extension is listed on the regular docket.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
I wonder if the defense motion for more time might also include as justification the fact that all evidentiary motions in the trial court are supposed to be filed by the end of this coming week. I'm not sure why the defense couldn't have filed the motion earlier in the week; though perhaps it will be more apparent once we can read it.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »

Thank you, Lin!

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2013, 01:45:43 AM »

I'm aware of that. I'm talking about the actual document.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »
The defense moved for an extension of time:

05/03/2013    Motion for Extension of Time         Petitioner

Most likely, I assume, on the grounds that not only do they have to reply to both the state's and Crump's response, but the ten days allowed started with the state's response, yet Crump responded five days later.

So far, the court hasn't ruled that Crump can respond. I think it's likely he'll be allowed to, but I did a brief search, and couldn't find a comparable situation in a criminal case.

I hate to sound really dense, but is the extension requested in this motion asking to push the trial date back from 6/10/13?

Or is this only asking the DCA for an extension in the proceedings on the Writ of Certiorari only?

I haven't been able to read the actual motion yet, and I'm not sure I'm following what's being said about it.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
I hate to sound really dense, but is the extension requested in this motion asking to push the trial date back from 6/10/13?

Or is this only asking the DCA for an extension in the proceedings on the Writ of Certiorari only?

I haven't been able to read the actual motion yet, and I'm not sure I'm following what's being said about it.

Almost certainly, the defense is just asking for more time to file its reply.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »

This.  The request for an extension of time was filed in the DCA, so it's about the timing of events before the DCA.  If O'Mara wants a continuance (lawyer/judge-speak for "delay") in the trial, he'll ask Nelson.  If Bernardo wants a continuance, he'll ask Nelson.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
This.  The request for an extension of time was filed in the DCA, so it's about the timing of events before the DCA.  If O'Mara wants a continuance (lawyer/judge-speak for "delay") in the trial, he'll ask Nelson.  If Bernardo wants a continuance, he'll ask Nelson.

Who does Crump ask?

(or tell)

;D

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2013, 02:58:24 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I felt relatively certain it was filed for an extension in the proceedings on the Writ of Certiorari, but just wanted to be sure.

Site Meter
click
tracking