Author Topic: Apr. 30 Hearing on Sanctions, Immunity, HOA Settlement and Discovery  (Read 18493 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Apr. 30 Hearing on Sanctions, Immunity, HOA Settlement and Discovery
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »
Well, at least he talks over the hearing a bit less than HLN.  :)

I haven't checked lately, but I think @coreshift is putting it together for youtube.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »
I haven't checked lately, but I think @coreshift is putting it together for youtube.

It turns out I spoke too soon (being only part-way into part 1)--as I just observed elsewhere, he seems to think there's going to be an MST3K revival, and apparently is assembling an audition reel.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »
Full George Zimmerman April 30 2013 Hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqkR8kKcKE

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »
Full George Zimmerman April 30 2013 Hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqkR8kKcKE

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2013, 12:55:19 AM »
I suppose that tosses out the window the theory that the defense won't be allowed a second bite of the apple for anybody.

Who proposed such a theory?

I think Brenton was deposed again because he had done more work on the phone, and gotten more information.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2013, 01:43:44 AM »
Who proposed such a theory?

I think Brenton was deposed again because he had done more work on the phone, and gotten more information.

And I think that W8 was counted as one since BDLR threw a hissy over the video.  The first part was incomplete.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »
Earlier, West testified that when they got an unredacted CD of the [4/2/12 W-8] interview, they found several minutes were missing from the redacted one.

Sorry, I got this wrong.

It's 1:19:18-48 on the video.

It was an interview of another, unidentified witness. The redaction was 'ten or twenty seconds'.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2013, 06:05:19 AM »
1:45:39

What's this about a 'different iteration' of the letter? An early draft, that may no longer exist?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »

What's this about a 'different iteration' of the letter? An early draft, that may no longer exist?

I take just at face value, that the written account of the phone call that was produced by Sybrina is not the only written account.  I think it's fair to assume that any other iteration is a draft, but that's not the only possibility.  For purposes of the motion for sanctions (for failure to timely produce), the letter (and any other iterations) is irrelevant.  Bernardo took a long time getting to the point that the state learned of the letter at the same time defense did, ergo the state didn't have it to produce, ergo the state wasn't remiss in not producing it earlier - it can't produce what it doesn't have.

On a separate issue, I found it interesting that Nelson shut down the inquiry as to Martin being found with jewelry that wasn't his.  O'Mara had completed his questioning of West as to what defense had found regarding Martin's past, and Bernardo was on a path to minimize the exculpatory nature of that finding by arguing that there was no allegation of crime, in particular, disagreement that the burglary tool was a weapon.  Nelson (correctly) noted that any issue about hiding of Martin's past by the state was not the subject of the inquiry into sanctions.  The motion for sanctions was narrowly drawn to failure to disclose that Witness 8 had not been hospitalized, as she had claimed.

I found it interesting because O'Mara raised many other similarly irrelevant (to W8 hospitalization claim) incidents of state stonewalling or delay, and Nelson let him ramble to his heart's content.  I suspect Nelson is of a mind to exclude evidence of Martin's past from the trial, as "irrelevant and/or immaterial" to the charge and to the affirmative defense.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:53 AM »
I suspect Nelson is of a mind to exclude evidence of Martin's past from the trial

You mean you think she has made up her mind to exclude all such evidence, no matter what it turns out to be?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2013, 07:59:04 AM »
You mean you think she has made up her mind to exclude all such evidence, no matter what it turns out to be?

Not that she's made up her mind, just that this is her present inclination.  "Of a mind" to.

I don't find Nelson to be either fair, or correct in her read and application of the law.  Perhaps that is par for the course in Florida courts.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »
The Eighteenth Circuit Page of Filings has hearing minutes and the court order relating to inspection and photographing of evidence.  The defense sought to inspect and photograph material pertaining to Miami-Dade School Police Department case No. 2011-11477.

Separately, the hearing minutes indicate instructions to the clerk relating to redaction of the confidential settlement agreement.  As far as I can see, the only redactions to be made are "any information as to Trayvon Martin."   I take it that the HOA insurer's name will be made public.  Could be an interesting sideshow, depending on the HOA insurer's reaction to its confidential agreement being made public through Crump's initiative.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »

Was wondering about that myself.

'Course just because somebody throws around fancy words like iteration doesn't guarantee that they know what they mean, so, grain of salt, etc.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »
A blurb from a HLNtv story, Judge: Zimmerman jury will be sequestered.

Jurors who will decide the fate of George Zimmerman won't be going home each night after court ends. The judge ruled Tuesday that they will be sequestered during the trial.

I picked that sentence from a googlenews aggregation, as the HLNtv link renders "Access Denied" for me.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »
The Eighteenth Circuit Page of Filings has hearing minutes and the court order relating to inspection and photographing of evidence.  The defense sought to inspect and photograph material pertaining to Miami-Dade School Police Department case No. 2011-11477.

All I get for the newly-added links is "Error 404: File not found."

Site Meter
click
tracking