Author Topic: DEFENDANT'S 3RD SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY  (Read 11915 times)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: DEFENDANT'S 3RD SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »
http://gzlegalcase.com/discovery_3.html

Just...wow.

I'm somewhat surprised by how much is redacted.

I predict the press will persist in running the photo of Martin in the Holister tee shirt.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »
I predict the press will persist in running the photo of Martin in the Holister tee shirt.

So far it doesn't look like Orlando Sentinel will be. Their article today has the gold teeth photo.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »
I'm somewhat surprised by how much is redacted.

The new discovery hasn't hit the HuffPo yet but 6!! copies of that pic are on their TM page as I write this.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:57:13 AM »
WFTV didn't. They have the picture of the gold grill up.

OS has a picture of TM supposedly refereeing a fight as first picture.

Okay.  It was a bad prediction on my part.  Would you believe it was meant as mockery?  Anyway, the new pictures will be like catnip to the press.  They won't be able to resist running them.  This will sell papers, advertising, hotdogs and beer!

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:19:58 AM »
The texts from the cell phone is a real eye-opener.  His mother threw him out, no surprise there, but it appears he took the bus to meet Brandy Green not via Tracy.

References to guns (looking to purchase a 22 or share a 380 with someone else) and weed.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »
What's the deal with the set of photos of a clear plastic cup with a small amount of dark liquid at the bottom and an object placed on top? It looks like some sort of vapor is gathering in the cup over the liquid.

My first thought was that it was cough syrup in the little plastic measuring cup that comes with the bottle, but the object on top looks like it could be large enough to make it a bigger cup, like the type cold drinks are sometimes dispensed in.

So what is this, anyway? Any ideas?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »
The texts from the cell phone is a real eye-opener.  His mother threw him out, no surprise there, but it appears he took the bus to meet Brandy Green not via Tracy.

I notice a number of the texts are marked "deleted," but haven't paid attention to compare contents and age of deleted texts with contents and age of undeleted ones.

Nettles speculated that Tracy's withholding of information about the bus ride may have been to steer investigators away from an incident on the bus that cousin tweeted about.  Plenty left to speculate on, that's for sure, but the image of Martin that emerges from this information is quite a contrast from the image peddled by the prosecutor and the press.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
MOM is appearing on Fox News after the break.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »
Yipes. Texts about WorldStarHipHop, where users post homemade videos of beatings.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »
MOM is appearing on Fox News after the break.

Did good so far.  Meghan tried to get O'Mara to say what was the most significant evidence, O'Mara deflected that to say that he is just fulfilling his obligation in reciprocal discovery.  Asked if he though the gun in the hand was Martin's hand, he said the evidence is a picture on Martin's phone, and it's up to the jury to decide whose hand, if that matters.  O'Mara thinks the picture is relevant to the question of any propensity Martin might have had, to violence.

O'Mara also said that this is just discovery, and that whether or what comes in to trial will depend on how the state proceeds.  If the state presents Martin one way, the defense will come back with a "more three dimensional" view.  Same if the state chooses to portray Zimmerman as violent.

After the break, on to the picture of a pot plant.  What's the relevance?  O'Mara refers to the expert as to impairment, and that he might have been on pot that night.

Text messages on Martin's phone - what do they show?  He involved himself in some street fighting.  The idea that he is familiar with fighting, with getting on top of somebody, is very relevant.

How do you like your chances?  Says Zimmerman is innocent, it was self defense, and Zimmerman will be acquitted.

Edit to correct one semicolon to an apostrophe, and to remark that I thought O'Mara looked tired.  This case has to be taking a toll on him, too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:03:37 PM by cboldt »

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »
Edit to correct one semicolon to an apostrophe, and to remark that I thought O'Mara looked tired.  This case has to be taking a toll on him, too.

I interpreted that as stress, but you make a good point.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
So what are the rules about what we can talk about from this latest salvo?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »
this is an image of the SW40VE that seems to have been obtained by TM. In his texts it was  mentioned sharing with another guy a .380 but looks like he got a SW40 instead.

http://www.woodburyoutfitters.com/v/vspfiles/photos/2621-2.jpg

I can't help but to notice the irony here... Did you use a 9 or a 40?

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »
So what are the rules about what we can talk about from this latest salvo?

I don't speak for TalkLeft, but she's stated that we can discuss the character traits introduced by a party as potential evidence. For myself, I will still exercise decorum when discussing character traits and limit that discussion to what's been proffered by a party.

Ms. Merritt has done a top-shelf job of making this site accurate, informative and respectful while maintaining a high signal-to-noise ratio. I would be ashamed to think that I proved myself unable to meet these standards in my own posts.

I suspect that she will provide some guidance in the near term.

Site Meter
click
tracking