Author Topic: DEFENDANT'S 3RD SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY  (Read 12865 times)

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: DEFENDANT'S 3RD SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »
The rest:

"nd"= "and"

"bruh"= "bro" i.e. term of solidarity with another AA male

"bac" (as "BAC"), in addition to "blood alcohol content" has meanings best not mentioned here.

"bae", on the other hand, is "babe" i.e. girlfriend, sweetie, "boo". Term of affection.

"aonn" isn't defined, but sound like a variant of "ion", maybe "I don't know". Check the context.

"Smh'l" isn't defined, but "smh" is "shaking my head", so "smh'l" might be "shaking my head laughing at __".

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »

thank-you (and unitron, too)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
You guys are the cutest people are around.  I ((heart)) all of you!

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2013, 11:45:28 PM »
I'm curious about 'fie'.

I gotta bill right na 4 sum fie

how ima gt da fie

All the Urban Dictionary meanings seem to be adjectives or expletives, except some tech acronyms and 'semen'.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2013, 06:28:28 AM »
I'm curious about 'fie'.

All the Urban Dictionary meanings seem to be adjectives or expletives, except some tech acronyms and 'semen'.

FIE is a firearms importer that was based in Miami. They imported cheap crap from all over the world. I wouldn't mention it other than the other texts and pictures involving firearms, wanting to get a firearm, wanting to share a .380 etc.

ETA: I'm not saying that's it, I'm just wondering.

Offline Jack203

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2013, 07:49:32 AM »
Why is O'Mara worried the Sate will make character an issue? If anything the State should be worried. I say O'Mara should encourage the state to go that way. Either way, in a world where people have working brains George is found not guilty but unfortunately we don't live it that world.

George's character blows TM's out of the water  It isn't even close.   I could write up a long list of the positive characteristics of George, and can not think of a single one for Trayvon.  That's not to say George was a saint when he was 17 or Trayvon would be bad at 28.

But at the time of the incident, George will win on character with anyone that does not have a racial agenda.

One reason OMara would not want to introduce the negative character evidence against Trayvon because the public, and more important the jury, may actually be negatively influenced over trying to demonize the deceased.  I think if OMara waiting for the prosecution to make the first move is a wise decision.

Now the evidence about fighting is a different matter though.  I think OMara should introduce that into evidence regardless of what the prosecution does.

Offline redstripe

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »

Now the evidence about fighting is a different matter though.  I think OMara should introduce that into evidence regardless of what the prosecution does.

Yeah, it's unfortunate but I think they do have to delve into this stuff extensively since the other side's strategy has basically revolved around attacking Zimmerman's character and creating a visceral response.  When I talk to friends and family members about it and carefully piece together all of the substantive evidence for them (the eye witness reports, emt records, ballistics, fbi analysis etc.) most of them still can't get past the first impression they got of the case when they saw images of a smiling child who "still kissed his father in public" who had been gunned down by a threatening looking guy in an orange jumpsuit.  They just can't mentally picture Trayvon attacking him; I might as well be telling them that the moon landing was faked.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2013, 02:56:02 PM »
FIE is a firearms importer that was based in Miami. They imported cheap crap from all over the world.

ETA: I'm not saying that's it, I'm just wondering.

Thanks.

Guns are usually nicknamed by manufacturer rather than distributor. But it's possible, as you say.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »
When I talk to friends and family members about it and carefully piece together all of the substantive evidence for them (the eye witness reports, emt records, ballistics, fbi analysis etc.) most of them still can't get past the first impression they got of the case when they saw images of a smiling child who "still kissed his father in public" who had been gunned down by a threatening looking guy in an orange jumpsuit. 

I think O'Mara will do a reasonably good job of keeping such people off the jury.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »
When I talk to friends and family members ... I might as well be telling them that the moon landing was faked.

I have the same problem. My friends recoil in horror if I bring up the case. Meanwhile, have y'all seen the latest response from Don West? http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/052413_response_to_limine_tm.pdf

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »
I'm thinking what looks like 'bac' is really 'bae'.

Offline Jack203

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »
I might as well be telling them that the moon landing was faked.

It really is amazing how far first impressions go with some, if not most, people.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »
Thanks.

Guns are usually nicknamed by manufacturer rather than distributor. But it's possible, as you say.

Dude:

FIE brought cheap pieces of crap from all over the world. Spain, Pakistan, wherever. Then they stamped F.I.E. on them and sold them.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Category/275/2/Guns/Pistols/FIE-Pistols.htm

For instance.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »
Then they stamped F.I.E. on them and sold them.

That makes a difference.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
That makes a difference.

I just assumed you'd hop on google as soon as you read my post to double check me for yourself.
 ;)

Site Meter
click
tracking