Author Topic: State's 3rd Motion for a Gag Order  (Read 1266 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
State's 3rd Motion for a Gag Order
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
The state once again asks for a gag order so that Crump and company can speak without rebuttal.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: State's 3rd Motion for a Gag Order
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:22:30 PM »
The state once again asks for a gag order so that Crump and company can speak without rebuttal.

At least the Orlando Sentinel, and probably other press outlets as well, will be intervening in opposition to the state's motion.

Bernardo does not point to specific objectionable extrajudicial statements, and from what I saw and read today, what O'Mara says in motions is much more pointed and damaging to the state than what he has said in press interviews.  And in what has become a very predictable pattern, Bernardo is accusing O'Mara of what the state's surrogates have been doing.  Given the condition of Florida's judiciary, it is not surprising that Crump is allowed to run wild.

Offline jeanmarc8

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
This would be one sign that Mr. O'Mara must be having some measure of effectiveness.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
I think its their weakest motion for  a gag order yet. I have a post on all 3 afternoon pleadings (continuance, sanctions and gag order) here.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »
Yea - that seems more like PR than pleading. FWIW, the Sentinel has already commented that they will intervene.

Site Meter
click
tracking