Author Topic: Time on the phone  (Read 8471 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Time on the phone
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 10:39:34 PM »
Above that, next line up, on 3/26 is listed as DMS-1-10.  I read that to be DMS 1 thru 10. 

Right you are. My bad.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »
My mind goes blank as to whether they returned it again or is it still being held as evidence

March FDLE Reports (9th Supplemental), p. 12.
Zimmerman signed consent to search for his blackberry phone and turned over his phone to SA John Batchelor. The data on the phone was downloaded for analysis. The phone was returned to Zimmerman the same day.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »
March FDLE Reports (9th Supplemental), p. 13
On March 26, 2012, Special Agent (SA) Dale Crosby received evidence from Sanford Police Department Crime Scene Tech [redacted], related to the Trayvon Martin shooting Investigation. SA Crosby took custody of the evidence and submitted all items into the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) general evidence for storage but not to be process[sic] until further instruction.

The CST was probably Smith. Curious her name would be redacted.

The individual items aren't listed, but we have confirmation that multiple items of evidence were transferred from SPD to FDLE on 3/26/12. It was Crosby, not Lee, who received the items on that date.

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 03:04:39 AM »
Thank you.  OK.  The thing I think is odd is the seizure date for DMS-7.  It reads 3/22/12.  Looking over the log, it looks like everything was transferred to FDLE on 3/26/12.  It is probably nothing.   It just bugs me that none of the dates match with the 22nd on the log sheet.

This is the image of the phone
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/discovery_12/screenpics/2012-10-16_0001.jpg

This is the image of the phone when it went off to Det Kuhl in CA.
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/discovery_12/screenpics/2012-10-15_0002.jpg

The 22nd is the day that Corey's office took over the investigation.

This is what I think happened. Jackie Blue got the phone from the SPD on the 20th. She was done with it on the 22nd, resealed the bag putting her initials and date over the seal, then her boss Lee made it official property of the FDLE on that same day instead of transferring it back to SPD. Then on the 26th Crosby of the FDLE went to get the rest of the items from SPD. I suppose Crosby could have put 1-6 then 8-10 but I think he just put 1-10 although 7 was not there.

DMS-2
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gg072c6k5jii62t/yrff114SJ9/Defense%27s%20Documents/Reciprocal%202/defense_photos#f:DSC_0214.JPG
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:08:03 AM by DiwataMan »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »
That's all good for me.  Now I can sleep without thinking!  LOL!  Try to spot the difference...  :)

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 06:44:31 AM »
This is what I think happened. Jackie Blue got the phone from the SPD on the 20th. She was done with it on the 22nd, resealed the bag putting her initials and date over the seal, then her boss Lee made it official property of the FDLE on that same day instead of transferring it back to SPD. Then on the 26th Crosby of the FDLE went to get the rest of the items from SPD. I suppose Crosby could have put 1-6 then 8-10 but I think he just put 1-10 although 7 was not there.

I think the log more or less supports that (41/284).

JDB signed out two sets on 3/20 at 9:23AM: DMS-13-16, 19, and DMS-7, both earmarked for FDLE.

Someone with atrocious handwriting signed out the two sets on 3/26, at 10AM, also for FDLE. Neither signature looks much like 'Crosby' to me, and they barely resemble each other, except in sloppiness.

In both cases it looks like the reason for two sets could be that they ran out of room to write.

I checked the March FDLE reports, and didn't find any report of evidence transferred on 3/20. I don't think that means anything, except that the reports aren't complete. 

Minor mystery: If Crosby went to SPD to get the evidence, what was the role of CST [redacted]?

Smith went to Volusia County to get the autopsy evidence, so I thought schlepping the stuff around might be a regular part of her job.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 07:17:46 AM »
If Crosby went to SPD to get the evidence, what was the role of CST [redacted]?

I overlooked an obvious possibility, because of a preconception. The illegible signature could belong to a Sanford CST other than Smith.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 08:10:57 AM »
March FDLE Reports (9th Supplemental), p. 12.
So on March 22, 2012, FDLE found out what was in the memory of Zimmerman's phone.  Was SPD incapable of doing such a thing on the night of Feb. 26?  One might fear that if GPS data was there for the NEN call, it would have been overwritten during the next month.  What happened to the same stuff on Martin's phone remains publicly unkown for now.  It seems we may have a double goose egg for the most important potential evidence in the case.  According to Wikipedia, even if Sanford had E911 installed, it would only work if you dial 911 so the NEN call didn't register GPS data at the call center.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »
So on March 22, 2012, FDLE found out what was in the memory of Zimmerman's phone.  Was SPD incapable of doing such a thing on the night of Feb. 26? 

I don't know that it has ever been explained why SPD didn't need a warrant to work on Martin's phone. I doubt the same exception would apply to Zimmerman, if only because the phone was on his person.

They could have asked for his consent, as FDLE later did. Maybe they didn't want to risk spooking him out of cooperating at all.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
According to Wikipedia, even if Sanford had E911 installed, it would only work if you dial 911 so the NEN call didn't register GPS data at the call center.

As you say, it doesn't look like it will matter. As a point of curiosity, some of the 911 Event Reports have an entry for 'Ani/Ali Information:'. I think that means they're getting GPS data.

No such entries on NEN calls.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 08:32:23 PM »
The phone display shows four bars for the signal strength, so I doubt it's in a Faraday cage. Too bad the display doesn't include the date.

MJW posted this on another thread. I thought the point should be repeated on this one.

I don't know how to read the signal strength on that display. Is it the purple X at the upper left?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
The date of the image, along with the time and various other information (device taking the image) is in the metadata for the image. For the image with the device powered on, the image was taken:

Date: 10/16/2012
Time: 6:07 AM
Camera Maker: IPEVO
Camera Model: P2V

How do you access the metadata?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
I don't know how to read the signal strength on that display. Is it the purple X at the upper left?

Never mind. I looked at a different picture, and I can see the bars at the bottom.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 04:44:07 AM »
How do you access the metadata?

If you're using Windows, right click the file then click on "Properties." Click on the "Details" tab. Also, Windows Explorer will show some details at the bottom of the window when you click on the file.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 04:55:29 AM »
If you're using Windows, right click the file then click on "Properties." Click on the "Details" tab. Also, Windows Explorer will show some details at the bottom of the window when you click on the file.

Thanks.

Somehow I missed this when it was posted, almost a month ago.

Site Meter
click
tracking