Author Topic: May 28 Court Hearing  (Read 16899 times)

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: May 28 Court Hearing
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »
You could start a new thread under Evidence Discussion.  However I'd  wait a while until more is known.  The fact that the article was pulled shows that Rene may have found out that what she originally said may have to be modified.
It does appear O'Mara made a <ahem> misstatement about the homeless video.

Not looking good.  He apologized this morning.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »
Orlando Sentinel, 6/2/13
In court Tuesday, defense attorney Mark O'Mara described it as Trayvon video-recording two friends beating up a homeless man.

But in today's statement, O'Mara apologized and said it really shows Trayvon video-recording two homeless men fighting over a bicycle.

Trayvon, along with a friend, had come upon the fight and Trayvon had merely recorded it, according to the statement.

In his statement today, O'Mara described his mischaracterization in court as unintentional and said he was unhappy about it.

Oops.

I don't think we will ever hear the end of this.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »
I posted the previous before I finished reading the story. Here's the last paragraph.

On Thursday, in preparation for the anticipated release of the fight video, an Orlando Sentinel reporter drafted a story describing it, intending to publish it once the video had been made public. A web producer prematurely posted it to OrlandoSentinel.com Friday but quickly took it down after discovering the video had not been released. The story correctly characterized the video. After readers found a cached version of the story online Sunday, Zimmerman's attorneys released their statement and decided against posting the video.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
Correction and apology now at GZLegal.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
So this video is something the defense actually got, and not part of the stuff the IT guy says they didn't get?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
So this video is something the defense actually got, and not part of the stuff the IT guy says they didn't get?

This seems like a pointless rhetorical question. Is there something that isn't clear?

At the hearing, O'Mara spoke of the video as something he expected to present to the judge (3/28/13 hearing, 57:14). I don't think he would have spoken of it in that way if he didn't have it.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2013, 02:52:07 AM »

As far as I know, the defense "got" everything.  The issue for discovery is the form they got it in, and when they got it.  What the state provided to defense was a BIN file from the phone. I don't know exactly when, but I think April sometime. What the state did not provide to defense, but defense was able to extract from the BIN file for itself, were some photos and the text messages.  The state had extracted these items in January.

I don't know if this video is similarly among the items that defense was able to extract.

The IT guy's statement supports that Bernardo, personally, had photos and texts in January.  O'Mara has said that the defense never got the photos and texts as photos and texts.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2013, 05:26:11 AM »
The IT guy's name is Ben Kruidbos.

Miami Herald, 5/29/13
Former prosecutor Wesley White said he was ethically obligated to reveal that Fourth Judicial Circuit Information Technology Director Ben Kruidbos retrieved the data that weren't turned over.

Kruidbos was placed on leave shortly after White testified during a hearing in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder case on Tuesday. White said Kruidbos was interviewed by state attorney investigators twice before the action was taken.

White said the photos Kruidbos retrieved were of a hand holding a gun and one depicted drugs. The content of the text messages wasn't specified.

"I'm an officer of the court and I'm obliged to inform the court of any misconduct or any potential misconduct coming before the court. Whether it's by the defense or prosecution," White said.

The defense released photos of a gun, marijuana plant and Martin's text messages publicly

At the hearing White also said there was a photo of 'an underage female', which is not mentioned in the Miami Herald article (3/28/13 hearing, 2:06:50).

Since the other photos have been released, they are probably among those in the 3rd Supplemental.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:54 AM »
I don't find the pictures Bernie didn't release so damaging to his case.  I am wondering if the purpose of getting Kruidbos on the stand is to get him to open up about the phone data.  I assume he would know if there was mischief that caused the GPS info from Feb. 26 to disappear. 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
Screen capture of the cached version of the withdrawn Orlando Sentinel story (h/t DiwataMan).

ETA: There's a better version here.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:48:56 PM by nomatter_nevermind »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2013, 12:21:19 AM »
I wonder if Wesley White's 'photograph of an underage female' could be p. 5 of this
set. I had been assuming not, because Trayvon is also in it.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
The photo in the set of Trayvon towering over a petite girl in what looks like it could be a public setting has been released publicly before, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm pretty sure CTH ran it when they were claiming to gave found "DeeDee's" social media, back when they were basing everything on the lie that "DeeDee" was only 16 at the time of the shooting.

If this is indeed the photo that he's referring to (and I think it's very likely), then I'm not sure why White states she's underage.

Just an assumption, based on the context of the photo, that that she's the same age as Trayvon? Or do they have her ID'ed?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:48:14 AM by Evil Chinchilla »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
The photo in the set of Trayvon towering over a petite girl in what looks like it could be a public setting has been released publicly before, unless I'm mistaken.

Now that you mention it I think I have seen it before also.

I haven't thought about the setting before. It looks like school. Drab hallway, double doors, kids wearing backpacks, kids outside hanging out.

If this is indeed the photo that he's referring to (and I think it's very likely)

The gun and the marijuana plant are sensitive. I would think the picture of the girl would also be sensitive for some reason, probably whatever she is doing, or her state of dress or lack thereof.

Or do they have her ID'ed?

She may be one of the mystery witnesses. I don't think White would know who she was, but O'Mara might have told him she was underage.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
Now that you mention it I think I have seen it before also.

I saw that photo ages ago.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »
The Orlando Sentinel has the 'homeless men' video. I suppose we're not supposed to link it. There's a link on Rene Stutzman's Twitter feed.

Site Meter
click
tracking