State v. George Zimmerman (Pre-Trial) > Court Matters

June 6th Hearing

(1/18) > >>

RickyJim:
Announcement.

Defendant's Motion for Sanctions Against State Attorney's Officefor Discovery Violations and
Request for Judicial Inquiry Into Violations
Frye Hearing
Defendant's Sealed Confidential Motion to Maintain Anonymity and Confidentiality of Certain
Witnesses

The last one has me guessing.  Does that mean these people will testify behind a curtain?  Could they be people from Miami who will testify as to Trayvon's bad character?

unitron:
Matbe those witnesses are from the Miami school system police department.

Wouldn't that be fun.

DiwataMan:
Just wondering what people here think about that motion.

I asked:
Why is this motion Sealed & Confidential? Whatís in there the defense does not want you to see? Iím not so concerned right now myself with the part ďto Maintain Anonymity and Confidentiality of Certain WitnessesĒ[or who they are]. My concern right now is why we canít see this motion. Redaction has always been a part of this case so why not do that here?

Iím also wondering how they are going to deal with this at the hearing. Will it be handled in chambers?

Pugfrench asks:
Could someone who has an account in the talkleft GZ forum ask jeralyn about confidential witnesses and the law surrounding them, particularly having to do with defense witnesses?
http://diwataman.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/defendants-sealed-confidential-motion-to-maintain-anonymity-and-confidentiality-of-certain-witnesses/#comment-14586

MJW:
The court's "detailed case view" for Zimmerman's case shows a State's Motion to Compel Discovery filed June 3rd. No information yet on what they want to compel. Knowing BDLR's ham-fisted style, I wouldn't be more than slightly surprised if he's asking for any video showing TM's friends beating up a homeless man, in an attempt to rub O'Mara's nose in his misstatement. Well, maybe that's going too far even for BDLR.

DebFrmHell:

--- Quote from: MJW on June 04, 2013, 11:45:37 AM ---The court's "detailed case view" for Zimmerman's case shows a State's Motion to Compel Discovery filed June 3rd. No information yet on what they want to compel. Knowing BDLR's ham-fisted style, I wouldn't be more than slightly surprised if he's asking for any video showing TM's friends beating up a homeless man, in an attempt to rub O'Mara's nose in his misstatement. Well, maybe that's going too far even for BDLR.

--- End quote ---

I doubt that.  It is something that he would enjoy, IMO.  Just like I think that delivering that .BIN file the way he did is his version of "you want the original, here is your original."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version