Author Topic: Take the Trayvon Martin Quiz  (Read 3028 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Take the Trayvon Martin Quiz
« on: June 13, 2013, 08:30:44 PM »
Those Christian Science Monitor quizzes are usually pretty tough even in subjects you think you are an expert on.  I scored 20 out of 23 on their Trayvon Martin Case quiz

I hope everybody will be a good sport and post here how well they did.  Don't be upset about a few inaccuracies in the answers like "Tea and Skittles".

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Take the Trayvon Martin Quiz
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »
Some quiz...they don"t even have their facts straight. Question 5 does not even offer the correct answer.

What items did Trayvon Martin buy at a local 7-Eleven just prior to his encounter with Zimmerman?

Skittles & iced tea

Starburst & Slurpee

Hot dog & Gatorade

M&Ms & fruit juice

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »
More blatant disinformation on question 7. The dispatcher never warned not to do anything.

7. What did a police dispatcher warn Zimmerman not to do when he called to report a suspicious person?

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »
Even more biased propaganda. Nothing was reversed. The persecutor took over an incomplete investigation and interfered with due process by foregoing a scheduled grand jury.

12. How many days passed before a Florida state prosecutor reversed the Sanford Police Department and brought charges against Zimmerman?

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »
Why do they always leave out the pipe paraphernalia that he also carried on school grounds, a zero tolerance zone?

13. Trayvonís public image took a hit after it was discovered that he was serving a 10-day suspension at the time of the shooting. What was he suspended for?

Traces of marijuana were found in a plastic bag in his book bag.

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »
I got 11 & 18 wrong. 91%

At the time: Average reader score 60%

I have issues with how these were presented:
2, 5, 7, 12, 13, 21, 22
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:03:52 AM by DiwataMan »

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 02:53:56 AM »
Give them some credit. They called Zimmerman a 'volunteer captain', not a 'self-appointed captain'.

20/23, or 87%.

Two I totally guessed on, so 2/5 on questions I didn't know.  That's a little better than chance.

Location of the first Million Hoodie March is a tough one, because who the f* cares?

The basketball star question is similar for me, because I don't follow sports at all. I found that picture and linked to it when I did a post on the hoodie meme for the blog, way back when, but it never occurred to me to care what team it was or who was on it.

It seems like a long time since I've heard anyone refer to Brandy as Tracy's 'fiancee'. Awful long engagement.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 04:09:48 PM »
The only worthwhile thing to point out about this quiz is that it has the facts wrong.

There are no correct answers for what he bought at 711. (He bought skittles and fruit juice.) The question about the dispatcher incorrectly states Zimmerman was warned not to do something after he reported a suspicious person.

It incorrectly states Brandy was his father's fiancee at the time. That was a media report that described her as such but subsequent statements by Tracy  stated she was his girlfirend. He had just separated from his wife the month before the shooting.

The Christian Science Monitor quiz on facts is not factual. I don't think it should have been brought here except to point out the bias.

I'll give readers a chance to respond  and am then locking the thread.

It really pissed me off to have to answer an incorrectly stated question, giving it validity, to move on to the next question.

I got 2 wrong, one of the number of states with SYG laws and one on some rule about what congresspersons can wear in Congress. Neither question was about the facts in the TM case.

And by the way, it is not the TM case, it is the GZ case. He is the one on trial.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:53:20 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »
78%

LOL @ the Hot Dog and Gatorade option. Would be interesting if the lowly corner store hot dog was a symbol of national protest.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »
LOL @ the Hot Dog and Gatorade option. Would be interesting if the lowly corner store hot dog was a symbol of national protest.

Get that Oscar Mayer Weiner jingle out of my head! ;-)

Site Meter
click
tracking