Author Topic: Robert Zimmerman, Sr. Launches e-Book on Amazon  (Read 8701 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Robert Zimmerman, Sr. Launches e-Book on Amazon
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »
So who is going to call RZ,Sr. to testify?  The defense doesn't need to do it to discredit Sybrina Fulton's scream identification.  If I was a juror, the side that doesn't call a scream identifier has more credibility.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
So who is going to call RZ,Sr. to testify?  The defense doesn't need to do it to discredit Sybrina Fulton's scream identification.  If I was a juror, the side that doesn't call a scream identifier has more credibility.

Thanks for finally asking this question.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
If I was a juror, the side that doesn't call a scream identifier has more credibility.

The advisability of calling scream ID witnesses for the defense will depend on how the prosecution's scream ID testimony goes. In most cases, I think the defense needs to call such witnesses, or else the attribution of the screams to TM goes uncontradicted. Weak evidence that it's TM might very well trump no evidence that it's GZ.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »
If I was a juror, the side that doesn't call a scream identifier has more credibility.

If you were a juror, there would be five other jurors.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
Since the prosecution goes first, the defense will have plenty of time to judge how well the prosecution witnesses handle:
  • Tell us all about the times you heard Trayvon scream for his life like that.
  • Tell us all about the times you heard anyone else scream for his life like that.
  • Which of these times were through walls and a cellphone?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:10:04 PM by RickyJim »

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »
Since the prosecution goes first, the defense will have plenty of time to judge how well the prosecution witnesses handle ...

If the defense merely casts doubt on the credibility of the state's voice ID witnesses, the jury may conclude the defense has no counter testimony to offer, and that's the best they can do. Offering witnesses who say it's GZ screaming would be mostly to cancel out the state witnesses.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »
Mark Martinson pointed out on TalkLeft
Dr. French testified that the human voice changes so much (and such an unpredictable way) when one is screaming in a life or death situation that you can't even determine (in this case at least) whether the person screaming was a male or female or even whether or not he was a native English speaker.

Dr. French is more of a human speech scientist than the other defense witnesses.  He would be an excellent rebuttal witness to claims from relatives that they could identify Trayvon screaming from that 911 call.  There just might be a juror who would be ticked off at the defense by following the prosecution tendency to insult their intelligence by putting on Zimmerman's friends and relatives to identify him as the screamer.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »
There just might be a juror who would be ticked off at the defense by following the prosecution tendency to insult their intelligence by putting on Zimmerman's friends and relatives to identify him as the screamer.

An intelligent juror will understand their reasons for doing so.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
I didn't say he was.

And I didn't say that you said he was. I was trying to explain what he said.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 03:29:22 AM »
Ladies of the jury, and gentlemen alternates, at this time the state would like to introduce into evidence a book which will prove that the defendent's father is prejudiced in his favor.

Site Meter
click
tracking