George Zimmerman Trial Coverage > Trial Motions and Rulings

Frye Ruling: Voice Experts Excluded

(1/5) > >>

cboldt:
Order Excluding Reich and Owen

Nelson bases her order on the fact that the application of not new or novel methods, and that the trustworthiness of the testimony is especially important for experts, as the jury will naturally assume that the scientific principle underlying the experts conclusions are valid.

Edited to add a paragraph summarizing the basis of the court's order.

[Added by TalkLeft: I have moved the comments on the Court's Frye Order here, and started a new thread for comments about it.]

RickyJim:
I read Nelson's ruling.  I couldn't have done better.  Are all you Nelson haters going to apologize?   :D

nomatter_nevermind:

--- Quote from: cboldt on June 22, 2013, 08:07:59 AM ---Edited to add a paragraph summarizing the basis of the court's order.

--- End quote ---

I suggest editing it again. The paragraph doesn't make sense.

cboldt:

--- Quote from: nomatter_nevermind on June 22, 2013, 08:36:56 AM ---I suggest editing it again. The paragraph doesn't make sense.

--- End quote ---

As you know, the time for editing has passed.

jjr495:
My guess is, as Jeralyn has posted earlier, the State will not appeal the Frye ruling. It was very revealing when Wesley White testified that Corey was angry with him for bringing her the Zimmerman case. I think they want this mess to be over as quickly as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version