Author Topic: State's 18th Supplemental Discovery  (Read 6821 times)

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
Re: State's 18th Supplemental Discovery
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
It might help the prosecution if he flunked a class covering citizen arrests, or false imprisonment (Fla. Stat. 787.02).

...or gave an answer that supports the state's theory of guilt.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
Rene Stutzman tweet, about 2 hours ago.
State indicates it plans to use #GeorgeZimmerman's homework from a criminal law class as part of its murder case against him.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 09:34:40 PM »
I am trying to come up with something he said during an interview that would prove he had knowledge of the details of Fl 776.  So far I haven't thought of anything.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

No and this is uncalled for. You are not the prosecutor and should not use this site to build a case against a defendant. These forums aren't about manufacturing speculative theories of guilt. Go do that somewhere else.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 09:49:58 PM »
George's grades were improperly released to the public. The state apologized for the error. Please do not recite what some other publication says they were. If the state moves to admit them, they can be discussed then. Just because the state provides something in discovery doesn't make it admissible.

Each side has the other's side school records. The same way we have not discussed what may be in Trayvon's records we should not discuss what is in GZ's records. Whether he passed or failed a class is not relevant to any issue in the case.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »
Out of curiosity, if The State brings up the issues of grades and homework, etc. first for Zimmerman can the Defense counter with what is known about Martin's grades and homework?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 12:06:05 AM »
Out of curiosity, if The State brings up the issues of grades and homework, etc. first for Zimmerman can the Defense counter with what is known about Martin's grades and homework?

I don't think so. Neither is admissible without showing the relevance, and what might make GZ's grades and homework relevant doesn't make TM's grades and homework relevant. For instance GZ's homework might be evidence he was aware of the requirements to claim self defense, which might make it relevant to showing it influenced what he told the police. That has nothing to do with the relevance of TM's homework.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 03:03:52 AM »
No and this is uncalled for. You are not the prosecutor and should not use this site to build a case against a defendant. These forums aren't about manufacturing speculative theories of guilt. Go do that somewhere else.

I honestly do not see any substantial difference between the speculations of RickyJim and those of MJW and Cylinder regarding what in the world the state thinks they can get out of a couple of textbooks, some emails, and one of Zimmerman's old teachers.

Was it using the number "776" instead of the generic term "self defense"?

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 02:05:11 PM »
That is absurd Jeralyn.  I was just trying to figure out where the state might be going with such evidence.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »
You asked for help finding documents that would aid their case. "I am trying to come up with something he said during an interview that would prove he had knowledge of the details of Fl 776.  So far I haven't thought of anything.  Can anybody help?"  I don't want to help such a project. I don't want this site to be used to  build the state's case. We are here to analyze it. I realize you don't see the difference but I do. Sorry if you are offended.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
Maybe you are right that the prosecution is watching our sandbox here for ideas.  Come to think of it, some of the things Mantei said might indicate he was familiar with the Evidence Discussion thread on Prior NEN Calls.   ;D

Site Meter
click
tracking