Author Topic: Defense Timeline Exhibit (Opening)  (Read 9345 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Defense Timeline Exhibit (Opening)
« on: June 24, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
Exhibits used in opening aren't evidence, but this seems to fit best here.

Here is the graphic depicting the timeline the defense used in its opening statement. It is posted on the defense website.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Re: Defense Timeline Exhibit (Opening)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:15:49 AM »
When the state was ready to rest today, it asked to introduce an exhibit. The exhibit was a very brief timeline. You can see it here. West objected to it referring to Smith arriving at 19:17:11 saying that was the time his car arrived at the complex, not when he arrived where GZ was. The state agreed to amend the exhibit and add the words "by car" next to Smith's arrival.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:04:17 AM »
If O'Mara really has a super deluxe down to the second timeline prepared, how will the jurors react to the difference between that one and the one the state introduced just before resting, since that one looked like a third grader made it?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 06:16:47 AM »
If O'Mara really has a super deluxe down to the second timeline prepared, how will the jurors react to the difference between that one and the one the state introduced just before resting, since that one looked like a third grader made it?

I don't think the timeline presentations have any inconsistencies between them.  The jury will refer to both of them, but are apt to find one of the two more useful, and set the other one aside.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 07:27:59 AM »
I don't think the timeline presentations have any inconsistencies between them.  The jury will refer to both of them, but are apt to find one of the two more useful, and set the other one aside.

That wasn't really my question.

I'm basing my belief in what O'Mara might have by the still picture West showed in opening statements where everything was plotted. Adding to that O'Mara teasing this timeline, I'm thinking it's going to look a lot better than the prosecutions.

Leading me to speculate idly (in a mean kinda way) how the jury might react to Bernie's hand scrawled one.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
I'm basing my belief in what O'Mara might have by the still picture West showed in opening statements where everything was plotted. Adding to that O'Mara teasing this timeline, I'm thinking it's going to look a lot better than the prosecutions.

Leading me to speculate idly (in a mean kinda way) how the jury might react to Bernie's hand scrawled one.

I think you and I are on the same wavelength, exactly.  We just used different words to express our opinions.  I think the jury will look at both timelines, will seek out any inconsistencies between them, and finding none, will discard the state timeline, set it aside to gather dust.  Even more so, as defense witnesses will be referring to the defense-prepared timeline, and any recall of Rachael as to her timing details might be pointed out on the defense-prepared timeline.

Site Meter
click
tracking